Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ireland to bid 2023 RWC

Reviews

Just read that the planning permission for the re-development of Casement Park has been denied. This could put the kybosh on the bid.
    If at first you don't succeed..... don't take up skydiving

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

Stella (18-12-14)

3. Default

Great boost for Irish Rugby, and good for business girls !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    ireland launched their bid today and casement park is included as one of the venues. Its hoped that casement will be open by 2020. If we get it its would be worth more than 800m to the irish economy. Good luck with it.
    Casement could be the issue here. There has been a long delay already in that project. Also the plans to re-develop the RDS are being opposed as far as I know. There is a good geographical spread in the GAA grounds as well. Every province has a ground named as a venue. Limerick GAA are probably unhappy that the Gaelic Grounds has not been selected.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

France have today won the vote for RWC 2023 hosts which went against the recommendation. Ireland finished last in the first round of voting and were eliminated at that stage.So I think they can forget about hosting the tournament any time in the next 20 years as Australia, the USA/Canada, Argentina, Italy and South Africa would all be more likely to be awarded it.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 15-11-17 at 13:25.
    The Truth is out there.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (15-11-17), willie wacker (15-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    France have today won the vote for RWC 2023 hosts which went against the recommendation. Ireland finished last in the first round of voting and were eliminated at that stage.So I think they can forget about hosting the tournament any time in the next 20 years as Australia, the USA/Canada, Argentina, Italy and South Africa would all be more likely to be awarded it.
    It seems England were the only one of the home Nations who voted for us
    So much for our Celtic Cousins

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

After last night and today, I think i'm depressed, 'i'll have to see a lady to cheer me up

10. The Following User Says Thank You to casman For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (15-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    It seems England were the only one of the home Nations who voted for us
    So much for our Celtic Cousins
    Apparently Theresa May asked the English RFU to vote for us. Maybe she wants us to join her in brexit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (15-11-17), westcorklad (15-11-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    That was a surprise france being awarded it. Thought south africa would get it.
    Yes so much for the recommendation. I would think that a lot of behind closed doors deals were done by the French to get the votes they did. Still I don`t think that Ireland can realistically have too many complaints about the outcome what with the stadium and infrastructure problems etc. Still for all that it has been a depressing 24 hours for Irish sport.
    The Truth is out there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (15-11-17)

It was a fucking disgrace that Wales and Scotland didn't vote for us, the craic would have been mighty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast