Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Criminal law (sexual offences) bill 2014

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I think there would be outrage if the Police were to start giving people's names to the press. Have you ever heard of anyone being named and shamed for a speeding fine? What exactly are you expecting to happen? They may quiz you as to what you have been doing. You say nothing in public. If they take you into their car, then if you want to you can admit to what you have done and accept the fine. What is said in private, stays in private.

I believe they will be using your anonymity as reason to pay the fine and accept your fate. if you want to take it to court (which they won't want you to due to the expense and paper work), then you may get names and shamed. Accept the fine and walk away.

That is how I see it going.

All court judgements in Ireland are published unless otherwise told not to by the judge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Also from what I know about people who attend court - a lot of the cases get thrown out because the Gardai never turns up.
    I used to live near Smithfield, and when I was broke and bored I go sit in the court listen to cases, very noris in corrie, but I enjoy law,

One of funniest yet saddest, was this poor old hippy in his 50s 3rd time up for been caught with weed, all under an ounce in one bag, to some personal supply, and he up and there no Garda, and she waits for 5 minutes, was just about bang the hammer throw it out, and the Garda walked in, he got a fine and 6 months suspended

Also after slane pretty funny

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    All court judgements in Ireland are published unless otherwise told not to by the judge
    Unfortunately, that is true Annabel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey O leary View Post
    Unfortunately, that is true Annabel

Yes I know, and it will be discussed at mass

Did you hear about john Murphy,... no Mary I didn't, AAA Jesus aggie he the mother heart broke

Up again in court... o was he Mary? He was, I saw it in the mayo leader... public urination the dirty article and it the fourth time

Reviews

Should be for people who get ripped off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSegal View Post
    asmer has a cheesy dick under all that foreskin Eoooooooow.
    » Yasmer has a cheesy dick under all that foreskin Eoooooooow.
    » Yasmer has a cheesy dick under all that foreskin Eoooooooow.

Did you see while polishing it with your tongue

7. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

SmallHorn (30-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    “Offence of purchasing sexual services
    5A(1) For the purposes of this head, the term “sexual service” shall have the same meaning as the term “sexual activity.”
    (2) Where, in the context of prostitution, any person who purchases a sexual service from another person, in any place, he or she shall be guilty of an offence.
    (3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on summary conviction to:
    (a) a class E fine, in the case of a first conviction, or
    (b) a class D fine, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction.
    (4) Any person who attempts to purchase a sexual service from another person, in any place, he or she shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction to a class E fine.

"In Any Place"
    might actually lead to an unexpected consequence (or may be it's intended) it effectively could make our beloved Minister For The Interior, The Minister For The Interior For The Whole World (she would love that!)
    It could be interpreted as granting our criminal law extra territorial power!
    It may be the intention to allow Irish men to be prosecuted if they visit prostitutes in other parts of the world.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sharkskin View Post
    It may be the intention to allow Irish men to be prosecuted if they visit prostitutes in other parts of the world.
    I think the intention behind that wording was to make private dealings now illegal as street solicitation already is! Making our esteemed Minister for The Interior, the interior minister for the whole world on an issue that is only subject to a low level fine would be massively insane! Also it's a service available legally in many EU countries so in the unlikely event it was enforced extra territorally, it would be laughed out of court!
    The Swedish law has no extra territorial power on Swedes abroad ( and you do find them very prominently in German and Danish sex clubs!), it does have such power under Norwegian law, AFAIk, but Norway very sensibly from its point of view, is not in The EU and very prosperous accordingly (it was actually way poorer than Ireland until post WW2 and will now benefit more from our oil and gas than we will!).
    Ride them on the beaches!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    My point is that I don't think they will get to court, but we will have to see how they decide to play it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    My point is that I don't think they will get to court, but we will have to see how they decide to play it.
    We will indeed and it may become a text book case recognised internationally for stupidity and pure redneck stupidity and ignorance and how not to do things!
    Kind of like the way Universities across the world will view Irish water and The Privatization of Telecom Eireann!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast