Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    I didn't ask all those questions you answered. I did however ask would you employ him. I'm sure you would, that's fair enough.

You say I'm an overly concerned person, and that may seem to be true. But it's not necessarily about this case, it's more about the attitudes of people like yourself.

For fuck sake, you believe in accidentally raping someone. Will you wake up.
    I'm starting to think you don't read anything I write or others for that matter.
    I never said you were an overly concern person either!!
    Where did you ask would I employ them?
    You asked and I quote " You didn't answer me about your local club! You just say you people are shit and couldn't afford him, but I didn't ask you that. I asked would you want him there, playing for your team, with you, or your friends"
    Now unless you you assumed I own the club I play for, I can can assure you I don't, and I think I adequately answered that, if not a bit sarcastically

I will pull you up on this however
    Where did i say I believe in accidentally raping someone!!

I simply replied to the question I posed, with maybe.

Do I believe he inadvertently raped the girl?

When I was a younger man in college, I had a few night's when I would wake up in some strange women beds in various forms of undress.
    Did I have sex with this girl? probably
    Do I remember having sex with this girl? No.
    Did I give consent to this girl to have sex with me? Probably not.
    Do I think she took advantage of me? Maybe
    Would I call it Rape? No

You see not everything is black and white?

I'm not going to fall out with you Curious but to suggest i think it's okay to rape someone is very unfair.

PS:You have accused me also of not answering your question, when I think I have being more than fair. You still have not answered mine? Where should Chad go to work?
    Last edited by Best Before; 19-11-14 at 17:05. Reason: forgot to put in the not!!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    I'm starting to think you don't read anything I write or others for that matter.
    You asked and I quote " You didn't answer me about your local club! You just say you people are shit and couldn't afford him, but I didn't ask you that. I asked would you want him there, playing for your team, with you, or your friends"
    Now unless you you assumed I own the club I play for, I can can assure you I don't, and I think I adequately answered that, if not a bit sarcastically

When I was a younger man in college, I had a few night when I would wake up in some strange women beds in various forms of undress.
    Would I call it Rape? No

I'm not going to fall out with you Curious but to suggest i think it's okay to rape someone is very unfair.

PS:You have accused me also of not answering your question, when I think I have being more than fair. You still have answered mine? Where should Chad go to work?

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Who would have taught that you and Rachel were to troll the most on this thread. It must be nearly a year since you started your famous Lucy and Rachel arena thread.
    Go and cook up another one for Rachel and Kendra, and stop spoiling this thread
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Who would have taught that you and Rachel were to troll the most on this thread. It must be nearly a year since you started your famous Lucy and Rachel arena thread.
    Go and cook up another one for Rachel and Kendra, and stop spoiling this thread
    Who would have thought you would remember that! I'm touched... not in a Ched Evans sort of way!

Last edited by samlad; 19-11-14 at 17:21.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Best Before (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by talkabout View Post
    The message here guys and gals is to not drink yourselves into blackouts(last time I did so I got-probably deservedly - a severely bloodied nose).
    The second thing is for people not to "interfere " with others clearly out of it on drink ,drugs or whatever.

Ched(what's his name )Evans- A cautionary tale for all.
    agreed. it also shows that one wouldnt even want to be famous in this world yet alone infamous. either way the media will hound you
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'm not sure if there are posts here to cause an arguement but I don't understand why anyone would forgive a rapist? Would you now open your heart and forgive and empathise with Larry Murphy, sure he was just a rapist, definitley deserves a second chance.

When I was a younger man in college, I had a few night when I would wake up in some strange women beds in various forms of undress.
    Would I call it Rape? No

I'm going to fall out with you Curious but to suggest i think it's okay to rape someone is very unfair.
    I had asked would you employ him in an earlier post. You called me a "pedantic fellow" which does refer to somebody that's overly concerned.

You didn't say he accidentally raped her, directly. But your comments making him out to be all to innocent and making bad judgments which led to "inadvertently" having sex with her. Suggests you really believe all that crap, and he's been convicted of rape, so basically he raped her, but it was a stupid mistake on his part, because he's a young lad and his judgement was bad. It was all an accident. How naive is that.

Look I don't care that you've "falling out with me" because I don't even know you. But you're blaming me for making out that you think rape is ok, when in fact, it's you who's on the Internet defending it.

I agree everything isn't black and white, but having read the available evidence, and considering he had 3 barristers, was in front of a judge and jury, and was found guilty of rape. In my eyes makes him a rapist.

Don't start talking about what you did in college as justification for some rapist.

Did someone ever enter a hotel room which you lay in without your premission, having had persuaded some incompetent desk worker allow him access, and then rape you, and leave out the fire escape. That doesn't sound like the average druken college night, does it.

Scumbag has never even shown any remorse for his actions. The girls life has been ruined, yet he still blames her.

I'm going to stop posting as I've lots of food to eat. I'm never going to agree with many of you lot on this subject. At least I know I'm where my morals are, and that he won't work as a professional footballer again.

Crazy world where people defending rapists are falling out with people condemning them, and actually believing they're being morally correct.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curious k For This Useful Post:

DEGEA99 (19-11-14), UKHeather (27-11-14), zoozoozoo (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    I'm not sure if there are posts here to cause an arguement but I don't understand why anyone would forgive a rapist? Would you now open your heart and forgive and empathise with Larry Murphy, sure he was just a rapist, definitley deserves a second chance.
    Yeah, we've been there with that one already.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-11-14)

one thing ive notice on forums is that they go around and around in a loop
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Well apparently nowadays you can inadvertently rape someone Did you ever hear the likes of it?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast