Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    I would agree with that except she accused both men of raping her. One was found not guilty and while the other was not.

That is why there is a big media debate. Two men are accused. One is found not guilty, the other is. Given the circumstances and every case differs on circumstances, it is obvious there is inconsistencies.

I am not schooled in law, but i think the judge should have instructed (if possible) to find them both guilty or both not guilty. Or else she should only have accused ched evans. the fact that she accuses them both of the same crime and one is let go and the other isnt, doesnt make sense and hence why the big debate.

This is being debated on forums across the Uk and Ireland for this reason. If they had both being found guilty we would not be discussing it.

Thats the inconsistency.

She didn't. She reported her handbag lost and a possible spiking of a drink. As a result two men were arrested and taken to court. One was found innocent because it could be shown that she chose to accompany him. Ched Evans, in answering his text and persuading a receptionist to give him a key could not offer the same defence.

To the person who said he has served his sentence, well of course he has. However all criminals who have a serious sex offence on their records are required to disclose it. Upon that most employers will not employ the person. I'm afraid in this instance it's the law.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Ched Evans should he be give a second chance to play football after serving he rapist sentence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...nd-chance.html
    He hasn't served his sentence, only half of it. He's out on parole/licence.

He's been convicted by a jury.

He's shown no remorse or even understanding.

Prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation; clearly it hasn't worked here. (Curiously, the modern penal system is based on the original Magdalen Institutions—not the laundries—with work, moral improvement and transient removal from society as the aims.)

Yes, all prisoners deserve and should get rehabilitation and re-integration into society.

But first, they must accept what they have done.

Reviews

Ched Evans should he be give a second chance to play football after serving he rapist sentence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...nd-chance.html
    second chance playing football for the club.no way he is a disgrace and what club would want a guy that did such a thing.

Reviews

Hmmm
    Debating whether or not this is a strategic post to invite argument.
    Serving his sentence means he is a rapist who served his sentence...nothing more
    If he is cleared or a miscarriage of justice ever comes to light that would be a different matter.
    Should be banned for life from a sport many youngsters (Unfortunately) look to for role models

He wasn't locked up for stealing a mars bar you know

(Enjoy the shower Sophie )
    Last edited by xagerate; 18-11-14 at 17:30.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

SophieX (18-11-14)

Reviews

He served his sentence so yes he should..Prison and sentencing should be about rehabilation and not just retribution..Too often prison just leads to increased drug use further criminalisation and repeat offending on release.If the sentence has been complied with the crime shouldn't be used as a rod to beat that person's back for the rest of their life.Stigmatisation of released prisoners will just lead to them remaining mired in crime and or drug use with ramifications for wider society-as will excluding these people from employment because their reputation preceeds them.
    B.t.w. I 'm sending this message from my stashed phone in Mountjoy or should that be Limerick prison.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to talkabout For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14)

Jessica Ennis-Hill certainly doesn't think Ched Evans should be allowed to return to Sheffield United, that's apparent:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...bate-1.2004058

I think everyone should be given a second chance

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimbo For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14), SophieX (18-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Jessica Ennis-Hill certainly doesn't think Ched Evans should be allowed to return to Sheffield United, that's apparent:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...bate-1.2004058
    Fair play to her
    More idiotic thugs making rape threats against her because of it.
    The problem with soccer is theres too many morons both on and off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Fair play to her
    More idiotic thugs making rape threats against her because of it.
    The problem with soccer is theres too many morons both on and off the pitch
    Yup, hence why I'm not a follower. Tribe mentality, just like religion.

Reviews

Keane not signing Robbie Savage in that article you referenced was interesting.Keane has the mentality of a sergeant in the Prussian army -a strict disciplinarian,almost a fanatic nt a voice of reason or moderation.Keane probably wouldn't have signed Ronaldo or Messi even at bargain basement prices if they had looked crooked at him.B.t.w i.m.o. we are all tribal to some extent whether we follow football or not-the difference is only to what degree.
    The decision on the player will ultimately be a commercial not a moral one i.e. will his return harm or help the club financially?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast