Hey ladies and gents,

Looking to get the advice of those more sage than me.

I've been doing the dating scene for a while, but just in the last few weeks met a girl I really like. Far too early to make firm conclusions about anything, I just know I really enjoy being with her and she's the only girl that I've put as a priority over my work in about 5 years.

I know (think!) she is (was) into me. Few dates now, gone really well; lots of fun, laughs, physical contact - no sex but I respect that at this stage.

But now she's gone somewhat aloof and withdrawn - no real eagerness to meet again.

So one part of me thinks she's simply lost interest (it happens), the other is maybe she is afraid of taking that next step and being vulnerable in case she gets hurt (I know she has some bad experiences in past)

So I'm unsure what to do. Is she playing hard to get/ loosing interest - do I play it cool, keep up the banter when opportunity arises and play it distant so don't give off desperation. Or do I take the gamble, sit her down and just come out with I really like her, I really love being with her and I do not want to hurt or take advantage of her.

Any other girl I'd have just let it go by but I just feel I have to try with her.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Thanks