Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 protest outside Roma family's house in Waterford.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i enlightened this pair.

The only thing you convinced me of is that you don't have a clue what you are waffling about cherub
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Didn't read it properly sorry Bluefan. Now I have all I can say is stop being so down on the people of Waterford, they are being accused of all types of sin but if you actually look at the facebook page this has all stemmed from it was set up in protest to all types of street crime and begging, from all nationalities. It's just unfortunate that nearly every report has been about a certain family of Roma. Everyone needs to get off the racist bandwagon and take a good look at the facts.
    Thank you!
    Much appreciated.

My family are from Waterford and we have a large number still living there and I'm a regular visitor . C'mon the Blues!
    Last edited by bluefan1; 30-10-14 at 14:46.

Reviews

The only thing you convinced me of is that you don't have a clue what you are waffling about cherub
    be accurate now, not a clue?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    Import makes it sound like we're purchasing them!!

But I would agree with the notion that we need a stronger border control. But this would only work if it was an All Ireland Solution. So close working work with the northern Ireland Parliament would be necessary.

So the big issue (pardon the pun!) here is not the Romas themselves per say but the system that supports them!!
    And it's not just the Goverment policy at fault here, we have all played our part here.
    Begging is a business like any other, and it based on the principle supply and demand.
    You take away the supply i.e. Loose change. And the begging will diminish and eventually stop.
    I think it's our Irish good nature that has us in this mess in the first place. I once offered some guy who was begging to buy him a meal and coffee going back about 15 years now. He laughed at the notion.
    It made me think about giving away loose change to people willy-nilly from there on. I usually will give any free change to any reputable charities that approach me on the streets, and the list of those is getting smaller every week. But that's a discussion for another day!!
    and dehumanizes rather nicely too.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    You neglected to answer the question of how many you know and what percentage are in jobs beside begging big issue etc
    i have an associate who is Roma, he is self sufficient. i'm not great with percentages.

Reviews

Traveller used to be talked down to and were more passive with settled people.
    now we have some human rights in Ireland and they don't take shit anymore.
    i think you're wise not to group them with the Roma.

be accurate now, not a clue?

Yes, no clue at all, just a penchant for rhetoric. For example you have an "associate" who is Roma who is "self sufficient" the where and the what now? It's like arguing with an evasive 12 year old
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Yes, no clue at all, just a penchant for rhetoric. For example you have an "associate" who is Roma who is "self sufficient" the where and the what now? It's like arguing with an evasive 12 year old
    facts. time to face them.

Reviews

The only thing I know is I lived with a Romanian girl for a year and a half and she absolutely hated them.

Anyway I read that article, it told of people in a house causing trouble for others and a neighbourhood at the end of their patience. It could have been a Roma family or a bloke from Galway. It just so happened to be a Roma family.

Blog Entries

Yes you need too...

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast