Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 protest outside Roma family's house in Waterford.

Reports suggest 60 people turned up at one of the previous nights "protest," how many of them hurled racial abuse or targeted the wrong house? Whatever their motivations, if we tar the actions of the many with the actions of the few are we not being equally obtuse.

Thug's acting above the law and confident in their own safety as long as their is "do gooders" waving the racism flag the minute someone is targeted. All that's being achieved the spot light being shifted from the ethnic minority to the "mob minority," ending in sweet fuck all actually being done about anything!

All we're doing is going around in circles defeating anecdotal accusations with anecdotal defenses?! He said, she said bullshit while people are being mugged and assaulted whilst trying to walk home at night.

The only thing being achieved at the moment is losing sight of the issue at hand and the dilution of An Garda Síochána resources .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redcar2 For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (01-11-14), warmcome (29-10-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i agree that behaviour is important and not racist. 200 outside their house, can you imagine it?
    these people were a Nomadic tribe with their own traditions-lovely. then as Romania modernised, some
    people pushed gypsy life out and forced them into crime/blamed for crime. a similar scenario has happened with the Traveller
    community closer to home. you got to keep giving people a chance or their teenagers have no incentive to
    rise above sterotyping.

Most roma here are Bulgaria actually

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    Most roma here are Bulgaria actually
    maybe some had to migrate, the name suggests Romanian origins. (doesn't matter a fuck hate no one)

Blog Entries

maybe some had to migrate, the name suggests Romanian origins. (doesn't matter a fuck hate no one)
    are you sure? couse it also sounds similar with 'roma' in italy.
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ana massage View Post
    are you sure? couse it also sounds similar with 'roma' in italy.
    i was wrong about something, Ana. x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

The Roma are actually of Indian origin, they migrated to mid Asia and Europe 1000 years ago.

Older than most civilisations. It's kind of ironic, you lecturing on behalf of a community you haven't even bothered your hole to learn about.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

ana massage (29-10-14), Best Before (30-10-14), Cassandra (01-11-14), Irish Sarah (29-10-14), paul_m (30-10-14), redcar2 (02-11-14), wanted the best 69 (30-10-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    We were discussing the Roma, who by their own declaration are their own race. I think you will find that they are given assistance. If you are an EU member state then you are obliged to offer it, at the local rate. There's a a good reason certain countries are more attractive than others to migrate to.
    No we weren't!

We were discussing a mob of 200 marching on and intimidating a single family in Waterford. The thread the got broadened out to a diatribe on all Roma people - which is as good a definition of racism as you'll ever find.

We all live near people we don't appreciate. My nearest neighbour is one of the most senior bankers in the country! I have many more reasons to resent him and his family than all the Roma in the world.

My dad remembers the 'No Blacks, no dogs, no Irish' in London. When new communities enter our society it appears we are resentful and fearful and from this huge myths emanate.

Thankfully, with time we mellow and our fear is reduced and by closer association we understand we can live and abide our new neighbours - even bankers!

Not all Roma are good but then not all Catholics are gay hating, children-raping, bastards either! Good and bad are individual traits and rarely equally shared by an entire community.
    Last edited by bluefan1; 29-10-14 at 22:38.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefan1 For This Useful Post:

Catriona (30-10-14), Irish Sarah (29-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    The Roma are actually of Indian origin, they migrated to mid Asia and Europe 1000 years ago.

Older than most civilisations. It's kind of ironic, you lecturing on behalf of a community you haven't even bothered your hole to learn about.
    they're human, i can speak for them. have the protesters done much research?
    Last edited by warmcome; 29-10-14 at 22:40.

and the thugs outside?

I'm not sure they are thugs. Just as we can't be sure the house occupants are criminals. That's the point I think, normal people get frustrated and protest too.

I note there were protests outside peoples houses in Ireland before, drug dealers, no? Were those protesters thugs then? Ethnic cleansing? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    No we weren't!

We were discussing a mob of 200 marching on and intimidating a single family in Waterford. The thread the got broadened out to a diatribe on all Roma people - which is as good a definition of racism as you'll ever find.

We all live near people we don't appreciate. My nearest neighbour is one of the most senior bankers in the country! I have many more reasons to resent him and his family than all the Roma in the world.

My dad remembers the 'No Blacks, no dogs, no Irish' in London. When new communities enter our society it appears we are resentful and fearful and from this huge myths emanate.

Thankfully, with time we mellow and our fear is reduced and by closer association we understand we can live and abide our new neighbours - even bankers!

Not all Roma are good but then not all Catholics are gay hating, children-raping, bastards either! Good and bad are individual traits and rarely equally shared by an entire community.
    You might of been Bluefan. My first post on this thread a was to say that most Roma I've come across are thieving scum. Therefore, I was discussing the Roma. Who are mainly thieving scum in my experience

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Hard Lover (29-10-14)

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast