Thread: what happens to E.I now? will the site be taken down?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    I just started my own business too, I reckon it will be a year to a year and a half before it will be able to support me enough to retire. Does Belfast not come under the same law as the UK though? Or is the the whole of Ireland that's affected by this? Sorry I don't know much about it xx
    The Stormont Assembly can only pass laws that apply to N Ireland. the Swedish model proposed in Clause 6 will only apply there. The rest of the UK is not affected by this.

This is not the final stage in the legislation process, however it now seems certain that it will ultimately become law.

Clause 6 does not apply to the Republic of Ireland; this is a 'foreign' country as far as the UK and N Ireland is concerned.

However, there are similar provisions currently before the Irish Dail, and it seems now much more probable that it will pass. It would be very strange if the laws on both sides of the border here were very different.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Empirical For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (21-10-14), Clyde (21-10-14), Lucy Chambers (21-10-14), Melindablondey (22-10-14), Mr Cuddles (21-10-14), Naughtynatalie (21-10-14), nibb (21-10-14), TiffanyTees (21-10-14), wolfie (21-10-14)