Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candles in hotels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Pia View Post
    Often think about lighting some candles when I work from a hotel to add a little more atmosphere but will it set off the smoke alarm? And would it be allowed?
    When I toured, I always used candles. Candles totally chill me out, I love them. I never had any problems with them but when you blow them out, just make sure you fan the air to break up the smoke. Honestly, I have never had any problems and very often, my clients comment on the relaxing, calm and warm atmosphere x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kendra For This Useful Post:

AmantAmant365 (20-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    When I toured, I always used candles. Candles totally chill me out, I love them. I never had any problems with them but when you blow them out, just make sure you fan the air to break up the smoke. Honestly, I have never had any problems and very often, my clients comment on the relaxing, calm and warm atmosphere x
    sounds very nice, Kendra. xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Kendra (18-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    sounds very nice, Kendra. xxx
    probably even scented ones? xxx

probably even scented ones? xxx
    Yes, I use vanilla ones x

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Yes, I use vanilla ones x
    i like haagen daz in simple vanilla. although today i bought Minter Wonderland...idea

Reviews

Love Review

i like haagen daz in simple vanilla. although today i bought Minter Wonderland...idea
    i'd always liked mint ice cream and it was usually green. this one is white but has
    a authentic mint flavour with generous plain chunks of choc. rating 10/10

Reviews

I always use to light candles in the church, something very peaceful and relaxing about it, the smell was nice too, I don't go very often now

10. Default

Don't tell anyone I said this but if you absolutely must have candles in a hotel room you can tape a plastic bag over the smoke detector for the duration, if you can reach it safely. Someone I may or may not know may or may not have done that at some point in the past. Allegedly.

Mind you, if the ceiling is high enough that you can't reach it, the detector is probably far enough away to not be a problem. Just make sure as noted above to fan the smoke away when you put the candle out. Those particles are exactly the right size to set the damn thing off.

Don't forget to take the bag off afterwards

Setting off a fire alarm in a hotel is seriously uncool. Nowadays the local FB is often called automatically, and as it's a "place of public resort" you'll get a predetermined attendance - at least two pumps and a ladder truck.

These newfangled battery candles are great, you can even get little warmer pots for aromatic oils. Many of them are really nice. Ylang Ylang just gives me a headache though
    Last edited by liffey; 19-10-14 at 21:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to liffey For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

The electric candles are really quite good. To add to the ambience, put some essential oils into a ring which sits on the rads or light bulbs. I love lavender and some citrus scents to soothe/chill me out. Someone should develop turf smelling essential oils, possibly the best "home" smelling scent available!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Redkingirish For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

I've never known candles to activate a smoke detector. The detectors are optical and ionisation units, they will not activate unless you produce some smoke volume or unless you put the flame under the unit.. So go ahead. I've used them in lots of hotels
    So!! I'm a geek.. but a romantic one..
    Just don't burn anything or cook marshmallows or toast !!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AmantAmant365 For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast