• Marijuana

43 36.44%
  • Thehighwayman

60 50.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Vote for E-I Community Moderators

Reviews

Thanks Epsilon. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. A special thank you goes to Bigpaws for giving me extra publicity all week. I only had a few votes untill he made a big deal over nothing. In the end it backfired on him.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Default What??????

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Thanks Epsilon. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. A special thank you goes to Bigpaws for giving me extra publicity all week. I only had a few votes untill he made a big deal over nothing. In the end it backfired on him.
    No.This cant be.We cant have a man from Danagal and who served his online apprenticeship under Jake ,a mod here.No.Wheres The LadoooooooooooOOOOOOO when we need him.

60 votes.God whats the world coming to.

Global crisis all over,
    Westside.

Reviews

I rallied the troops over on IIE to vote for me. If it meant me not been on the site as often they were only too glad to vote for me
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Something not adding up.

Patricia. out of 118 voters we have recieved 193 votes..
    One man/woman one vote?

Just an observation.
    Well done Highwayman..
    Simple answer to that Epsilon, members could vote for more than just one nominee.

Reviews

Default Null and Void

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Simple answer to that Epsilon, members could vote for more than just one nominee.
    Yes Carlos, that was a bit stupid - how can you be allowed to vote for more than person????

But the real reason is that people have been creating mulitple id's and voting, and if that doesnt show what a farce the whole thing is, then I dont know what is!

Just look at number of new id's and when they joined in the last week.
    You will see many were created one minute after each other.

For these 2 reasons alone, this Banana republic vote should be Null and Void!

Reviews

Well Roryman, the question put in the poll was "Who would you like to see as E-I Community Moderators for 2009" and members were clearly informed that it was a multiple choice poll as clearly some people would have been in favour of more than one nominee and it was always understand that if community mods were to be introduced, more than one would be required.

The method of voting is not that dissimilar to the STV variant of PR used in every election in the ROI (apart from referenda) and stipulated in the Irish Constitution (Bunracht na hEireann), so I dont believe it was such a ludicrous method for allowing people to choose from the nominees.

As for registering multiple user names to vote more than once, every poll on here would probably suffer from that, but even assuming, that on average everybody who voted, voted twice, you still end up with a poll which had a higher rate of participation than any other.

Anyway, whatever the merits or faults of the exercise, the ball(s) now rest in Patricia's court.

Exclamation Poll Results

I hate to burst anybody's bubble here but I know for a fact that less than twenty actual voters voted in this poll ....................... however I kept track of the real results and they are as follows:

In first place ................ Epsilon

Very close second ................ Carlos Marvado

In third place .................... Kieree

Fourth place goes to ................ theHighwayman

Last and in many ways least ................. Marijuana (sorry Mari, I did try!!)

Like it or not, accept it or not these are the genuine results .................. a tip for patricia, compare the most recent members of this site to the IP address of theHighwayman, go back at least 20/30 members!!

Paws
    Last edited by WASP; 14-12-08 at 19:10.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    Ia tip for patricia, compare the most recent members of this site to the IP address of theHighwayman, go back at least 20/30 members!!

Paws

I hope his wrist is aching!

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I hate to burst anybody's bubble here but I know for a fact that less than twenty actual voters voted in this poll ....................... however I kept track of the real results and they are as follows:In first place ................ Epsilon Paws
    really? actually your facts dont matter any more because your banned maggot boy. I ASK EVERYONE TO IGNORE THIS BANNED USER. HE IS AN ABUSER OF THE GOODWILL OF THE LADY WHO OWNS THIS SITE

Reviews

Default patricia

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Mainly in response to Carlos...

I like the idea of community mods beause I could use the help and who better to help mod than people who know and use this site?

I think we now need to publish a new clearer and more extensive set of rules and after that I would welcome community mods, with limited powers. Not community mods with the power to ban people, I think that would be a step too far, but community mods with some powers, like for example the ability to edit a post to remove someone's real name if they are the first to see it. I would still see myself as the one to be holding the whip but I think community mods could be a good added extra. Essentially, we can only try it out, but I am very prepared to give this idea a try.

I'm not a fan of censorship at all, but there are a few things which are totally unacceptable. Beyond that, I'd never personally want to ban anyone, but I also try to listen to the community and when several people contact me and say they've been offended or upset by someone, I pay attention and I may take action.

It's not an easy job modding these boards sometimes I can tell you!

Pat x

patricia

do you remember when you said it would be a step too far if mods had the power to ban people?

look how things have turned out

bbj

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast