ID:	103203
    Haha Be too late to worry then eh?

Melanie looks a size 46

Send nudes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SmallHorn For This Useful Post:

warmcome (08-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Scott Gottlieb was associated with US Food and Drug Administration for two years , in 2005-2007.

Whatever insight he might have had re ebola at the time , it would've pertained only to previous outbreaks.

Most notably , the most recent up to that point ??? >> https://www.google.ie/search?q=ebola...&client=safari

The current ebola outbreak that is devastating Liberia , Sierra Leone , and on a smaller scale Guinea , has no bearing on a

once upon 'scientist' who was appointed to a US Federal Agency close to a decade ago under questionable circumstances.

Take note , that this very Scott Gotllieb has a very questionable history , is no more than a hack.

In future please check your sources before you quote them x

Further : in the past it was also thought that a pathogen happily existing in a docile host would be very unlikely to jump

species. Then comes BirdFlu , comes SARS , come God knows what.

Gottlieb and his argument is dated and merely a footnote in today's epidemic.

Attachment 103198
    Funnily enough and without using the same patronising tone that you adopted, I ask you does the reputation of the messenger mean the message is wrong.
    http://www.virology.ws/2014/09/18/wh...t-ebola-virus/
    As I said in an earlier post, we are pulling facts from the internet about a subject that neither one of us has any real knowledge in.

http://www.todayfm.com/player/shows/..._reach_ireland

Reviews

I think the jist of the podcast would suggest that as dangerous as ebola may be, there are a lot more diseases out there that we should be more worried about, diseases that have a better chance of reaching Ireland for instance, and a better chance of spreading. I think the viroligist said that something as simple as using soap and water can greatly reduce your chances of contacting ebola. Sometimes too much information and having too much time on ones hands can lead to unnesscary speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    I think the jist of the podcast would suggest that as dangerous as ebola may be, there are a lot more diseases out there that we should be more worried about, diseases that have a better chance of reaching Ireland for instance, and a better chance of spreading. I think the viroligist said that something as simple as using soap and water can greatly reduce your chances of contacting ebola. Sometimes too much information and having too much time on ones hands can lead to unnesscary speculation.

balzac
    Last edited by Meursault; 08-10-14 at 22:55.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

Not worried tbh. I was more worried about SARS as that's an airbourne virus. As long as you avoid an infected persons blood, mucous, unrine, poop and vomit, you'll be fine.

Oh, and people aren't contagious until they show signs, so there's that too.
    Last edited by AbsoluteNoob; 09-10-14 at 01:02.

A few things about this thread.

1. The NHS service annually plans for serious incident contingency. This falls under this, always has. If a person as worried by being in a hospital with no contingency Ebola plan they were both ill informed and rather odd. An airport would be much more of a problem. There is no weekly meeting, this is a score 5 in the Public Heath mandatory. Every PCG has to plan for a serious incident.

2. Remember HIV? Kind of reminiscent of the recent scaremongering. In a population of five million in Sierra Leone, 648 people have died. Let's compare that to road accidents.

3. Mutations of virus? Oh yes, like SARS. And Swine Flu. Sometimes the biggest virus is that of the imagination. However, cancel any vacation in Central Africa.

4. Mass hysteria isn't great for containing wet virus.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 09-10-14 at 01:15.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteNoob (10-10-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Wrong x

Please read up.

Dallas patient wandered around undiagnosed and unrestricted for four days while being infectious , before he became

too ill to carry on , before being admitted to hospital.

Please do read up !

This patient for example had come into contact with children among the hundred or so people in close contact with him

while he was sick and infectious , but was well enough to carry on day-to-day activities.

Do read up.
    If this is the case, where are the hundreds of sick and dead people he came into contact with? It would suggest that it is not as contagious as suggested.

There is one case in Madrid. I've not heard of any others yet and that was known at least 2 or 3 days ago? People are surviving when it is found in time. As someone else said, as it is transmitted through fluids, it is much easier to contain than an air born virus.

True it's not great, but there are worse things out there and in comparison, the death rate is still minute to other illnesses. Probably best to still be more concerned about known STI's and take regular precautions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    If this is the case, where are the hundreds of sick and dead people he came into contact with? It would suggest that it is not as contagious as suggested.

There is one case in Madrid. I've not heard of any others yet and that was known at least 2 or 3 days ago?

People are surviving when it is found in time. As someone else said, as it is transmitted through fluids, it is much easier to contain than an air born virus.

True it's not great, but there are worse things out there and in comparison, the death rate is still minute to other illnesses. Probably best to still be more concerned about known STI's and take regular precautions.
    - Funny you should ask that : now a police officer is under observation in Dallas , fearing he has contracted Ebola

when he went into Mr. Duncan's apartment without wearing protective gear. At the moment he's considered 'low risk'.

- There is one case in Madrid -- and several in quarantine.

- 2 or 3 days ago the death toll was at 3400. Today the death toll is over 3800 . I don't find comfort in that.

- People are surviving .... Tell that to Duncan , who died in US , with the best possible care available. A man in his prime.

- Someone else also said the moon is made of cheese .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast