Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebola in Europe / US.

i know condoms are nt 100% effective protection. my mate was wearing one an he got hit by a bus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Versace Targeryan For This Useful Post:

jessie (07-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by meath chap View Post
    well if theres a break out in ireland im going to my shelter in the woods with my bug out bag and supplies,ive bin in training a few years now with buhcraft,animal trapping etc..people used to laugh when i was doing this and buying supplies but ill be laughing when im ebola free
    Lol x

You n me both !
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ana massage (07-10-14), meath chap (07-10-14)

Reviews

Its only a matter of time before its here, for once im glad i live in the sticks, will spread like wildfire if it breaks out in a city

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (07-10-14), tom rambo (08-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    man collapses in Galway shopping centre, people keeping clear.
    false alarm. alcohol related...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ana massage View Post
    I am and think we all are concerned Stephanie

But,please,do tell me ...What can you/we do about it?

I believe you know very well are are these/some viruses come from(created even) so there isn't much we can do about it.

If you have a better idea,please do share it with us
    Thank you for a thoughtful reply xx

Hm. What can we do about it ? Well , I think raising awareness is a good step .

Beyond that ? I can vent in frustration and alarm ?

I think US , UK , etc. being extremely foolish not taking more proactive measures re air travel , etc.

I was in Marbella , Gibraltar , Malaga a month ago. Picked up the local paper , and there was a suspected case reported

in Malaga hospital , and the hospital made the statement that they're absolutely not prepared for such an infectious case.

What can we do ?

I'm on holiday , not entertaining ; I'm glad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ana massage (07-10-14), tom rambo (08-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    false alarm. alcohol related...
    Lol x

Now , that's a whole other kind of epidemic x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

warmcome (07-10-14)

apparently she was the nurse disinfecting the room where the priest was after he died,,,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to atom For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (07-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by atom View Post
    apparently she was the nurse disinfecting the room where the priest was after he died,,,
    And apparently she was wearing full protective gear ..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (08-10-14)

Reviews

I'd read this article earlier today Miss Stephanie, and it definitely got me concerned:

http://rt.com/news/193900-ebola-spread-inevitable-wto/

They're predicting a VERY HIGH likelihood that Ebola will reach France and the U.K. About the spread of the disease itself, I found this rather troubling:

The most dangerous contributor to the spread is the behavior of the virus. Its symptoms catch people unawares and normally follow a 21-day incubation period, during which there’s literally no visible sign the person has contracted Ebola.

This is further complicated by the EU’s free movement system – one can literally infect anyone they come into contact with in the space of a few days if they were to drive or fly from one country to another.

“It is quite unavoidable ... that such incidents will happen in the future because of the extensive travel both from Europe to the affected countries and the other way around,”

But the worst part to me is this:

WHO has so far placed no restrictions on flights to the worst-affected countries. While British Airways and Emirates are no longer flying there, Air France has only suspended flights to Sierra Leone – not Liberia, Guinea or Nigeria (though air crews were recently offered the option to refuse flying to those destinations).

Additionally, patients who have contacted the disease in West Africa have been repatriated for treatment – such as the two missionaries who died in September in Spain – one of whom infected a 44-year-old Spanish nurse who was diagnosed on Monday.

So then, we've got a 21 day incubation period for the virus with NO SYMPTOMS, there are still NO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS to the most badly affected countries implemented by the World Health Organization, and the completely free and unrestricted movement system within the E.U. means that an infected person can come into the E.U. with no symptoms, travel anywhere they like throughout the E.U., coming into close contact with hundreds (if not thousands) of people, potentially exposing all of them to Ebola.

Travel restrictions need to be put in place, it's as simple as that--at least for a start.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

no offence to Liberia. but what kind of cesspit do these diseases emerge from?
    could it be man made and released to control population etc?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast