Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    Why bother? Changing profiles is useless unless you're going to change your attitude to. All the guy is guilty of is a lack of finesse.
    one could easily change their personality also. i was on redcafe and got banned. didnt even get into the real action. i set up a new profile and said what they wanted to hear and got promoted pretty quickly....

The thing with forums is that you have minutes hours to think up replies. A real face to face conversation requires an answer in seconds. This is why i never take much attention to what is written on forums because if we all had the benefit of hours to think/act/respond to different facets of life, wed be geniuses. Forums can make anyone look like a genius because you are given time to think up an answer.

a real personality shines through in face to face interpersonal interactions. but online personas can be changed and manipulated because you have the luxury of time to think up your replies
    Last edited by Meursault; 30-09-14 at 22:36.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (30-09-14), Jiberjabber (30-09-14), Kendra (30-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    one could easily change their personality also. i was on redcafe and got banned. didnt even get into the real action. i set up a new profile and said what they wanted to hear and got promoted pretty quickly....

The thing with forums is that you have minutes hours to think up replies. A real face to face conversation requires an answer in seconds. This is why i never take much attention to what is written on forums because if we all had the benefit of hours to think/act/respond to different facets of life, wed be geniuses. Forums can make anyone look like a genius because you are given time to think up an answer.

a real personality shines through in face to face interpersonal interactions. but online personas can be changed and manipulated because you have the luxury of time to think up your replies
    Shrewd........

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (30-09-14), Meursault (30-09-14)

Reviews

I think.....I mean.... ...I'll ......... I'll get back to you in a few hours.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (01-10-14), Jiberjabber (30-09-14), Meursault (30-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    I think.....I mean.... ...I'll ......... I'll get back to you in a few hours.
    Hey Rock... where you been hiding?

Reviews

I agree, it's all too easy. It really depends on your motives though, which isn't always easy to figure out with some people. I'd hazard a guess that suckmyballs isn't looking to be the sage of the boards. Starting a new profile every time something goes tits up is such a cop-out though, for the profile changers as much as anyone else. What's an online persona without a few warts to serve as reminders?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Meursault (30-09-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    I agree, it's all too easy. It really depends on your motives though, which isn't always easy to figure out with some people. I'd hazard a guess that suckmyballs isn't looking to be the sage of the boards. Starting a new profile every time something goes tits up is such a cop-out though, for the profile changers as much as anyone else. What's an online persona without a few warts to serve as reminders?

Couldn't be arsed! Anyway, my 'condescending' style would be spotted too easily - like Sophie in Penny's!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    Couldn't be arsed! Anyway, my 'condescending' style would be spotted too easily - like Sophie in Penny's!
    Bahahahaha.... I bet she has sneaked a pair of knicks or two tho...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (30-09-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Bahahahaha.... I bet she has sneaked a pair of knicks or two tho...
    She only wears them for her sugar-daddy though - an béal bocht mar dheadh!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    You're usually only saying what a bunch of the rest of us don't have the balls to say so I wouldn't worry about it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (30-09-14)

Reviews

"Storm in a tea cup" springs to mind
    A pm apology to whoever you offended would have been a more discreet /sincere apology ?
    (I assume we are talking about the "suck my balls" catchphrase ?)
    Don't over use it........Its had its day....move on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast