Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Pride ?

I think self respect and a sense of self worth is much more important.

Pride ?

I wouldn't be 'proud' of my looks for example . I am tickled pink , but not 'proud' : God gave it , I had nothing to do with it.

I don't see the foundation to be 'proud' of one's looks .

However , I am proud of my achievements in life , I take pride in a job well done (whatever that job may be) ,

I am proud to have wonderful friends , and I am very pleased with myself when I can help others.

I think misguided 'Pride' gets a lot of people in trouble -- that pride will make people not contact loved ones for decades

(for example) , not wanting to lose face , give in , and then it's too late. Then comes regret.

That misguided 'Pride' will make people miss out on (job) opportunities , and on loves and friendships.

Pride ?

Yes , in a degree earned , or a mountain climbed , or having made a positive difference in many lives.

An Ocean swum , a house built , a Continent traversed , a child raised to be a good human being , and many more xx

When someone had made an effort to achieve something more than the mundane or the easily come by ,

there's reason to be Proud.

Otherwise , just a deep seated confidence in one's abilities and comfort with one's attributes ;

Unchallengeable self respect , unwavering sense of self worth. And humility xx
god didnt give you the body you have

Its genes that gave you a body