Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a great idea.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    am no such thing
    Am semi retired now, left school at 16 to look after the farm, no reel education realy
    I knoe my English is not grate, dyslexia dosent help.. I acept that but Im improvin slowily but sureily and I only start to use a pc this year as done some classes and am think am doin ok.

I will put me and my family needs first, everyone does and if that makes me a me feiner than so be it but am not an ignorant bigot.
    Let people be please
    You're a farmer right?

What if the rest of society had not supported farmers with grants? I'm not arguing against it - accept that too much goes to the bigger farmers - I'm just using it as an example if how society must embrace all, especially the needy. As a city dweller I've always heard the nonsense of farmers living off the rest of society. Unfortunately, if this nonsense is repeated often enough it becomes a truism for some. Diversity in everything is best in my opinion.

Reviews

yes am
    the grants are coming from Europe and had a rough few years with animals dieing and crops been destroyed their but things are on the up now, take the gud with the bad, its not al plane sailing and its hard work. Agriculture is very important to ireland and if more money had being invested in it rathar then the construction industry maybe ireland wud be in a beter place now.
    I worked damn hard to build up me farm and was up at 5am in the mornings and did not finish til 10pm most nites, sumnights may not get to bed at all, always sumthing happening. I love it, wudnt do nething else now neway, semi-retired and to old neway

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adamski For This Useful Post:

Meursault (25-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    yes am
    the grants are coming from Europe and had a rough few years with animals dieing and crops been destroyed their but things are on the up now, take the gud with the bad, its not al plane sailing and its hard work. Agriculture is very important to ireland and if more money had being invested in it rathar then the construction industry maybe ireland wud be in a beter place now.
    I worked damn hard to build up me farm and was up at 5am in the mornings and did not finish til 10pm most nites, sumnights may not get to bed at all, always sumthing happening. I love it, wudnt do nething else now neway, semi-retired and to old neway
    id love to retire with a farm. get to work outside and kind of work on your own. I did a bit of farming when young and looking back it was great. Some days alright you were up early, but if you love working outdoors, nothing beats it.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    id love to retire with a farm. get to work outside and kind of work on your own. I did a bit of farming when young and looking back it was great. Some days alright you were up early, but if you love working outdoors, nothing beats it.
    Plenty of peeple doing that meursault, my neighbor purchased sum land not far from me when he was make redundunt from the bank..he has horses on it now and just loves the life…he says he shud ave done it years ago.
    Great for kids to as keeps them of the playstatoins and computers and keeps them active and interesrted outside.
    Land prices creepin up al the time and wil get deer again.
    So it’s a gud investment also.
    Ya knoe the old sayin bout land….buy as they are not makin it nemore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    Generations of Irish have spent their entire lives bringing (imposing) our culture and religious beliefs to societies all per the world under the guise of Missionary work. How can you repeat this right-wing, reactionary drivel? 'You read somewhere' ????

The US in the 1700's needed immigrants. For fuck sake the 'Good Doers' of Europe kidnapped half of Africa and 'transported' them the 'New World' to build the infrastructure. The coffin ships from Ireland also provided a steady source of cheap labour. China was another source of cheap labour. I'd suggest you widen your reading to cover some facts.

Am they didn't get off the boat... the slaves where waiting on the shores by native slavers furthermore that ship might have had Irish slave aboard

Blog Entries

What nonsense.

Iraqi defines nationality and not religious denomination. I'm Irish and I'd hate to be assumed as Christian, or worse, Catholic.

The greatest displacement within the Iraqi population has occurred within the group who describe themselves as Christian. So, your argument falls down there. The UN also seek to place refugees in the best possible place for their future and religious beliefs are factored in to this decision. And by the way, there are a wide divergence of religious creeds based in Ireland so again your argument falls down again.

I'm all for helping persecuted people BUT
    FFS its simple enough. Most of these eastern religions are best left in the East. They arent suited to our way of life. The Indian woman who died not long ago is a typical eg. Is she was in her own country shed still be alive.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Generations of Irish have spent their entire lives bringing (imposing) our culture and religious beliefs to societies all per the world under the guise of Missionary work. How can you repeat this right-wing, reactionary drivel? 'You read somewhere' ????

The US in the 1700's needed immigrants. For fuck sake the 'Good Doers' of Europe kidnapped half of Africa and 'transported' them the 'New World' to build the infrastructure. The coffin ships from Ireland also provided a steady source of cheap labour. China was another source of cheap labour. I'd suggest you widen your reading to cover some facts.
    Oh you mean like the Irish who lived and worked in the UK after fighting for them? Give me a fuckin break. I cant remember too many muslims doing anything for me bar handing out leaflets in a failed attempt to convert me to their rubbish.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    I am not sure I follow your argument here — in excess of 40% of Iraqi refugees are Christian — Christianity is the largest religion in Ireland.
    Maybe so but there are several things against this imo. They arent the same as christians here. IMO they are all cunts but thats another days work I guess.

Westside.

Reviews

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Maybe so but there are several things against this imo. They arent the same as christians here. IMO they are all cunts but thats another days work I guess.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion — may I ask how you formed your opinion on Iraqi people?
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123