Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Ebola scare in Donegal "

Reviews

Looks like that was a false alarm, he has proven negative for ebola

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    "Marburg hit Germany" -- Germany !!! Not Guinea , Sierra L , Liberia !!! A world of difference !

Martial Law : just a couple of days ago an Ebola clinic in Liberia with sick people inside was stormed by an armed mob ,

and the infected people were scattered , sent home.

Then the armed mob proceeded to loot the clinic carrying off soiled sheets , bedding , instruments , taking all these

materiel back to their homes , contaminating themselves and consequently will be infecting all around them.

Just give it a think.

All those patients chased off back into their communities with the message that Ebola is not real , that it's only a govt

conspiracy to extort money from the West , those patients now being cared for by their families , in deep ignorance ,

not aware of the most basic precautions.

Public education can no longer counter such attitudes. There's just not enough time. Martial law only way.

At the moment every day 50/60 deaths are recorded , and over a hundred new cases are tallied each day.

Many more die in the bush never having been seen by a caseworker , never having been 'counted'.

What would YOU suggest as a solution ?

I'd agree, I believe martial law to be the only way to try and isolate the spread of this virus. I wonder why not one Government in the affected states have taken any step to do this. You would think that would be the first step that any sane Government would take.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Looks like that was a false alarm, he has proven negative for ebola
    We are being told that he did not die of Ebola.

That is not the same as him not having died of Ebola.

Interestingly , in the news report they did not say what exactly this man died of :

after him having been in one of the worst affected areas of Sierra Leone , after several of his own coworkers having

come down with Ebola , after him being only 44 years old and having died of fever etc. , after him having died of a

sudden illness that looked like Ebola , walked like Ebola , smelled like Ebola.

They're keeping a lid on it worldwide , so as to not panic the ignorant populace. Imo.

Several other cases where the media back pedalled.

Btw , the man lived in Dublin .

He would've had flu-like symptoms for some time , and would have been contagious for some time ,

before falling fatally ill . Of course only 'if' he in fact did have Ebola.

Even if this particular case legitimately proves to be negative ,

any of you concerned ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14), Melindablondey (22-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I'd agree, I believe martial law to be the only way to try and isolate the spread of this virus. I wonder why not one Government in the affected states have taken any step to do this. You would think that would be the first step that any sane Government would take.
    It is absolutely beyond me , that they didn't even close the schools until just a few weeks ago !!

Guinea at one point a couple of weeks ago announced that it's closing its borders , then later in the same day a different

govt representative made an announcement that the previous announcement was made by mistake by a person who didn't

know all the facts , and in fact they are not closing the borders .

Just yesterday (today ?) Senegal has closed its borders with Guinea. Now ?? Only now ??

Boggles the mind!

In the meantime some 15 ppl have died in the Dem Rep of Congo of a hemorrhagic fever . Ebola is suspected.

"If confirmed as Ebola , the presence of the virus in Congo could open a new hotspot for an illness that has

already killed more than 1,200 West Africans in its latest outbreak"
    -- 08/20/2014.

In Monrovia they have quarantined the shanty town -- by force , with military force.

Now 50,000 people are locked down with no resources , no food , no medicine.

Imo it's too little too late , and narrow minded : Ebola is not restricted to the poor only.

But segregating and locking down each area is the right action. But they'd have to lock down all.

Imo Western World just as culpable as the local govts in not getting a jump on this crisis all the way back in March ,

when it was still manageable , and containable. Local ignorance and Western lack of care got us here. Not good.

Last edited by Stephanie; 22-08-14 at 20:30.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14), Melindablondey (22-08-14)

Reviews

We are being told that he did not die of Ebola.

That is not the same as him not having died of Ebola.

Interestingly , in the news report they did not say what exactly this man died of :

after him having been in one of the worst affected areas of Sierra Leone , after several of his own coworkers having

come down with Ebola , after him being only 44 years old and having died of fever etc. , after him having died of a

sudden illness that looked like Ebola , walked like Ebola , smelled like Ebola.

They're keeping a lid on it worldwide , so as to not panic the ignorant populace. Imo.

Several other cases where the media back pedalled.

Btw , the man lived in Dublin .

He would've had flu-like symptoms for some time , and would have been contagious for some time ,

before falling fatally ill . Of course only 'if' he in fact did have Ebola.

Even if this particular case legitimately proves to be negative ,

any of you concerned ?
    you got to go sometime...

Reviews

It is absolutely beyond me , that they didn't even close the schools until just a few weeks ago !!

Guinea at one point a couple of weeks ago announced that it's closing its borders , then later in the same day a different

govt representative made an announcement that the previous announcement was made by mistake by a person who didn't

know all the facts , and in fact they are not closing the borders .

Just yesterday (today ?) Senegal has closed its borders with Guinea. Now ?? Only now ??

Boggles the mind!

In the meantime some 15 ppl have died in the Dem Rep of Congo of a hemorrhagic fever . Ebola is suspected.

"If confirmed as Ebola , the presence of the virus in Congo could open a new hotspot for an illness that has

already killed more than 1,200 West Africans in its latest outbreak"
    -- 08/20/2014.

In Monrovia they have quarantined the shanty town -- by force , with military force.

Now 50,000 people are locked down with no resources , no food , no medicine.

Imo it's too little too late , and narrow minded : Ebola is not restricted to the poor only.

But segregating and locking down each area is the right action. But they'd have to lock down all.

Imo Western World just as culpable as the local govts in not getting a jump on this crisis all the way back in March ,

when it was still manageable , and containable. Local ignorance and Western lack of care got us here. Not good.

True, the West is culpable of negligence, as it was when AIDS started to spread across Africa.
    It's hard to believe that they only closed the schools recently?? How could they could be that negligent with young children. One other thing that shocks me, is why even after the virus started to spread, did they still allow flights travel from each of the regions affected into the West. It's complete and utter madness!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jericho For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (27-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30526820.html

ah no only joking. its probably nothing
    On the news they say is nothing, but surely they do not want to scare the mass. I do think he had the virus.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (22-08-14), Meursault (23-08-14)

On the news at ten it says the man died as we already know but they still do not say what he died from may be it was from the virus but they wont say x x x

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    That is strange.
    Also if coming back from an infected country I hope in future people will stay at home until they are sure they do not have any infectious illness not just ebola.

"The direction to hospitals is to screen patients who have returned from a country within 21 days where there has been an outbreak of the virus who display fever and flu-like symptoms."

The quote is all very well but the people have to contact the hospital or doctor or that does not work.

R.I.P. to the poor and and I hope the family and friends get some peace.
    They did say the man was screened before he left to come home and he was fine still hes found dead strange may he rest in peace and thoughts are with his family x x x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

no offense ladies, but i think yous is worrying too much. This is becoming a big cover up like the 9/11 conspiracy theories or some soviet style tell-the-media-something-else-happened-but-not-the-truth.

He could easily have had a hundred different diseases: influenza, malaria, west nile virus, dengue, cholera.... something like that.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast