Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GAA 2014 Football Championship.

Lucky goal my arse! Ha ha

Reviews

Great finish , it still was hit and hope against the run of play would love to see how mayo would deal with donaghy in the replay should he start on Saturday , there seems to be massive fear in the mayo camp of his presence alone . 1893 is the same as 1983 as far as the current situations gos , and it's still 31 years ago , so yea my argument stands .

I think people will realize after the replay that a 50,000 capacity full stadium is far, far superior to a 60% full super-sized stadium.

Reviews

True. Looking forward now to seeing the game in Limerick, if for novelty value at least.

Keegan's red card appeal is later on today. After Mayo played on Sunday without him, the outcome should not overly matter much.

Reviews

There are alot of teams that would like to play in Croke Park but dont get the opportunity. For example the under 21 hurling final is now played outside Croke Park. come to think of it the under 21 football final is also played outside there. There is no big outcry about those FINALS not semi-final.

Both counties should embrace the fact that they are not playing in Croke Park. One county is giving out while the other is staying quiet publicly at least. As for the traffic situation especially coming from Mayo there is more than just the main road from Galway to Limerick. When in Galway there is the option of going to Portumna, when there there is the choice of going by Nenagh or going by Mountshannon and Scarriff. When in Gort just outside that town there is another option of going by Tulla
    You dont always have to take the main road.
    For instance when we had to travel to Wexford earlier this summer most went by Waterford and on along by the south east. We decided to go by Portlaoise, Carlow and on that way. For all the Wexford lads here it was a great day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

bobten (29-08-14)

Reviews

In fairness there is plenty of giving out going on in Kerry too about the venue. Seems that Keegan's red card has taken over the "drama" around this match now.

Huge advantage to Mayo now that Keegan is back, it will give them that extra 5% or so to get them over the line tomorrow. I have a feeling that the game will play out in a very similar fashion to last weekend, Mayo defending the scoreline in the first half, and try to obliterate kerry in the second. Should make for a great game.

Sundays game is less appealing to me though, hopefully Donegal will not drag the game down too much. A work collegue of mine, just put money on Dublin to beat Donegal by +15.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bobten For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, a game rarely ends without the unsavoury occurrences. .. Congratulations to Kerry.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, it should be a great game.
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Leigha For This Useful Post:

that ref was a wanker. gave four soft frees to kerry. check out the mayo man who took five stewards to move him:

https://vine.co/v/OBOnO2XareX
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Reviews

hard luck mayo, the ref did ye no favours that was yer last chance that team is going to disband now, move over it time for galway to show ye how to win all irelands lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeoMan For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (31-08-14)

Reviews

Mayo threw the game away, no stopping Dublin now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast