Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puzzle no.3

Reviews

Penguins dont sit on tree braches unless they are on the ground!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
    What do you mean that birds can't make decisions about postponed future actions....................how about birds who wait for a flock to fly away together? Surely it isn't a case that thousands of birds decide to fly all at the exact same time. So that means that they make a decision to fly together when they are ready to do so. I'm not really well up on birds and how they make these decisions but they do seemed planned.

If that is the case then my answer might be right.

Magicman
    I beg to disagree !

A flock of birds do Not 'decide' to fly off all at the same time next Tuesday at twelve noon !

: one of the flock (the eldest ? Most experienced ? Most anxious ??) gets the notion that it's time to scram ,

starts the 'preparations for' flying off (pruning , hustling , positioning , etc. ) , and that will set the rest of the flock also

into a preparatory mode , and when one of them takes flight , the whole flock follows.

: because their survival depends on being part of the flock. One follows the other , without forethought.

As schools of fish , herds of gnu or buffalo , they react to their immediate neighbors's actions and movements.

Survival instinct. No forethought in this case I'm afraid. xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

: same as millions of bats do Not 'decide' to leave the cave en masse , all at the same time :

They are simply reacting to outside stimuli , and acting on the same stimuli 'en masse' as part of a survival strategy xx

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    .....their survival depends on being part of the flock. One follows the other , without forethought. As schools of fish , herds of gnu or buffalo , they react to their immediate neighbors's actions and movements.
    I guess that is what differentiates you from a bird, they are dependent on other birds to survive. Only the flock survives. The loner dies - dysfunctional :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Ivory For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (05-08-14)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivory View Post
    I guess that is what differentiates you from a bird, they are dependent on other birds to survive. Only the flock survives. The loner dies - dysfunctional :-)
    Are you pecking at me , Dr. Ivory ?

Dysfunctional for a common bird perhaps ,

Not for an eagle lol .. Soar high and alone

xx

(Nice try lol) xx

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Are you pecking at me , Dr. Ivory ?
    I am.

It was my pleasure to stimulate you from your perch, so I can observe a little of nature's elegance in flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt9ixKSre6s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12