Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTE Documentary Paul Kimmage and The tour

Reviews

Default RTE Documentary Paul Kimmage and The tour

This one could be good, a feature length documentary on Paul Kimmage and the Tour on RTE 1 (I think), Monday, 21.35!
    Ride them on the beaches!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Banger (26-07-14), happy shy lad (26-07-14), ocred (26-07-14), The D Man (29-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    This one could be good, a feature length documentary on Paul Kimmage and the Tour on RTE 1 (I think), Monday, 21.35!
    Just saw him being interviewed by Miriam. A journalist of great integrity and always interesting to listen to. Can't wait for the docu.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Thanks for the heads up mate. Should be interesting
    If at first you don't succeed..... don't take up skydiving

Reviews

Looking forward to it should be good, his book 'Rough Ride' is excellent one of the best sports book I've read.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Just saw him being interviewed by Miriam. A journalist of great integrity and always interesting to listen to. Can't wait for the docu.
    Miriam is delicious MILF!

Kimmage always looks at the bad side of cycling and he was only a bottle carrier and food drop guy and was never going to make it as a pro cyclist. Look at all the great cyclist we had and got now and what they have done for this country. They have put our nation on the world cycling map. We have had two greats Sean Kelly and Stephen Roche. See the tour of Ireland is on the cards for a return and you won't hear Kimmage talk about all the good we got out of cycling. We have had some greats from Ireland Shay Elliot, the Mc Qiaids, and may more our new stars in the Tour of France at the moment and a few out with broken bones. It's one of the hardest sports going you think of going at speeds of 35 to 50km and having a crash with only a helmet on you and look at the past great they had no Helmet on them. Look at the Marco Panitin story and to go to the top and die alone and lonely in a hotel room so sad RIP Marco Panitin and one great cycle read Broken Angle a story about an Italian poor farmers son who went to the top it one great read.

Reviews

Kimmage is only a bollocks who has fallen out with everybody because of his self serving sanctimony. Controversial opinion, I'd admit, but this guy has a serious Jesus complex.

Reviews

Cycling is perhaps the toughest of all regular sports, I don't consider cage fighting ultra marathon / ultra triathlon as regular sports!
    But there was a recent poll in De Telegraff (which many's a Dutch pseudo intellectual would consider as the paper of record in The Netherlands, in reality, it's more akin to The Sun !), where all living TDF winners were interviewed and that's 25 in all which is a frighteningly small number given these were/are supposedly very fit ladz, and all but 2 of them including Stephen said Armstrong should have his titles reinstated!

http://road.cc/content/news/124109-h...en-titles-back

It's fairly obvious to me that there are only 25 surviving winners says all we need to know! BTW I know there were a few multiple winners, but still it's absurd and statistically highly significant only 25 are still capable of riding!

Quote Originally Posted by happy shy lad View Post
    Kimmage always looks at the bad side of cycling and he was only a bottle carrier and food drop guy and was never going to make it as a pro cyclist. Look at all the great cyclist we had and got now and what they have done for this country. They have put our nation on the world cycling map. We have had two greats Sean Kelly and Stephen Roche. See the tour of Ireland is on the cards for a return and you won't hear Kimmage talk about all the good we got out of cycling. We have had some greats from Ireland Shay Elliot, the Mc Qiaids, and may more our new stars in the Tour of France at the moment and a few out with broken bones. It's one of the hardest sports going you think of going at speeds of 35 to 50km and having a crash with only a helmet on you and look at the past great they had no Helmet on them. Look at the Marco Panitin story and to go to the top and die alone and lonely in a hotel room so sad RIP Marco Panitin and one great cycle read Broken Angle a story about an Italian poor farmers son who went to the top it one great read.
    You're aware that Sean Kelly doped and it's almost 100% certain that Roche did too??

It's never being proved Sean Kelly has used drugs in cycling and also has not being proved against Stephen Roche. They both got to the top of there sport by hard work and both had to leave this country and worked hard to get to the top. They were both world number ones. That come with long hours of hard work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast