Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this is a strange country.

Blog Entries

Default this is a strange country.

so my brother leaves the country and says to me to go and change a load of coins he saved and its all mine. So far so good. Nice of him, for a change. so I go to the bank and hand them the stuff and they are like ,"oh no" and all that jazz. I asks am I in the right place? A bank? WTF did they expect from me? Order a pizza? Its a fuckin bank for christs sake. A weird country this is.

take out your mortgage with us and get your free balaclava,
    Westside.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

ana massage (24-07-14), circumcised guy (24-07-14), Davidontour (24-07-14), dr love (24-07-14), garconix (25-07-14), Gorgeous Nikole (25-07-14)

Reviews

Go in with cash. Say 10000.
    If they even take it you'll get nothing but frowns and abuse.

I was told how inconsiderate I was putting their lives at risk.
    I kid you not.

I had similar situation and can confirm - strange attitude. I understand, there is a time involved to count that cash, but FFS it's not they do it manually anymore!
    I never bother again. I go to Tesco, where the checkouts are newest ones, with the drawer-like coins input slot, throw what I have, often more than the bill is and pay for my shopping and get change in notes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex.xx For This Useful Post:

garconix (25-07-14)

Reviews

I worked in a bank about 20 years ago and accepting coins, foreign or otherwise, was never a problem. As Westside says, it was a bank.
    Then someone decided that actually we're not making any money from counting coins and hauling them around the office. We could be spending the time much better selling crap financial products and dodgy insurance. Funny enough that didn't go very well.

And just in case anyone has any doubts, banks are run by a bunch of greedy bastards who just want to screw you for every penny you've got. As long as they don't have to count them.
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

Banger (25-07-14), garconix (25-07-14), TonyB (25-07-14), willieh (25-07-14)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Go in with cash. Say 10000.
    If they even take it you'll get nothing but frowns and abuse.

I was told how inconsiderate I was putting their lives at risk.
    I kid you not.
    Zurich no better x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

TonyB (25-07-14)

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.xx View Post
    I had similar situation and can confirm - strange attitude. I understand, there is a time involved to count that cash, but FFS it's not they do it manually anymore!
    I never bother again. I go to Tesco, where the checkouts are newest ones, with the drawer-like coins input slot, throw what I have, often more than the bill is and pay for my shopping and get change in notes.
    Clever !! xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (24-07-14)

Reviews

Yes strange country with even stranger people one American guy once told me

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Davidontour View Post
    banks are run by a bunch of greedy bastards who just want to screw you for every penny you've got. As long as they don't have to count them.
    Not a thing strange about that.

I have to say that I know what you mean, the banks seem to offer less services as time goes on, my Bank now only offers counter service on certain days ?? Bank charges are absolutely ridiculous and cheques are soon to be stopped, I pity anyone who cannot use a PC as very soon EVERYTHING will be online, yes, Banks piss me off............

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    so my brother leaves the country and says to me to go and change a load of coins he saved and its all mine. So far so good. Nice of him, for a change. so I go to the bank and hand them the stuff and they are like ,"oh no" and all that jazz. I asks am I in the right place? A bank? WTF did they expect from me? Order a pizza? Its a fuckin bank for christs sake. A weird country this is.

take out your mortgage with us and get your free balaclava,
    Westside.

Reviews

you want to lodge money use the computer, you want to take out money use the computer, thats all you hear when you enter the bank it all computers and i aint very good with them, they will eventually take over the world and we will be fighting for survival.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast