Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you warn others?

Reviews

Question Do you warn others?

Passed a speed camera van today and was warned by drivers coming toward me, I in turn warned others but part of me was thinking if no one gave a warning to anyone and people get caught a couple of times would people drive a little slower and would it improve road safety?

So do you warn other drivers? Should we?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Passed a speed camera van today and was warned by drivers coming toward me, I in turn warned others but part of me was thinking if no one gave a warning to anyone and people get caught a couple of times would people drive a little slower and would it improve road safety?

Of course I would warn others. The drivers pulled in usually are not going that fast anyway. A dangerous lunatic on the other hand is a different kettle of fish !

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14), libra (24-07-14), NoBrain2 (23-07-14), Petros (23-07-14)

Reviews

well in the 30 and 40 zones it very easy to creep over it so if they are not flying i will flash the lights to let them know,

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamski For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (23-07-14), Danny2011 (23-07-14)

Reviews

I'd always warn them why not?driving is expensive enough without getting fines for being a few km over the speed limit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to johnb59 For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14)

A little tip. Most if not all car speedometers are not all calibrated the same. So the speed guns etc are calibrated to allow up to a maximum of 10 % over the limit.
    I am not encouraging speeding , but it is useful to know this. If you have a gps , next time try a little test , if it displays the speed compare it with your speedometer on the car. The gps will always be more accurate.
    " Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theomegaman For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14), Vitruvian (23-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post

No I don't flash if ppl don't have respect for the speed limits on our roads why should I respect them too much carnage on the roads after a weekend

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thumbles For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14)

Youve heard the story about the lads who got the reg plates of the speed camera and put them on their own car and then drove at 140 up and down three or four times and the reg of the speed camera was recorded.

Joking aside. Someone was saying that they can also see if you are on your mobile, have seat belt on and have your two hands on the wheel. It is the legislation that prevents them from prosecuting, but that will be changed soon
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14)

Reviews

I always warn oncomming speeders, even when the cameravan isn't there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to longtipp For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14)

Reviews

Never warn speeders, If they are big enough to speed, they are big enough to pay the price.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (23-07-14), Olmatz (24-07-14), Prickly (24-07-14)

Reviews

In the UK they put signs up to say there is a camera van ahead — many police forces there also encourage radar detectors in cars as they believe once it goes off the driver will slow down, just as they will when they see the sign. Here radar detectors are illegal to use. The vans are hidden and it is illegal to flash oncoming drivers to warn them about the vans!

The thing is here it is a money making exercise, not a safety one! They want to catch you speeding so they can slap a fine on you and make money out of it! They don't catch you in accident black spots — they do it as the speed limit drops to 50Km/h and it is so easy to go over that limit!

Believe it or not I have actually been warned by a guard that there was a camera van around the corner — he knew it was not there for safety reasons but as a money making exercise!
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (24-07-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast