Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: World's gone Mad ... :(

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    Stephanie , too often the International community act but only with gestures. Witness the Dutch court this week finding its own troops guilty of complicity in the Srbenica genocide that resulted directly in the death of 700 men and boys in their direct care and 7000 more who were outside the camp. The Dutch soldiers were ordered not to resist Mladic and his Bosnian Serb troops.

If an international force is sent in it must have teeth but that would probably signal a new World War. Instead we need to talk to Putin and find a resolution.
    Ukrain should seek immediate membership in NATO , should be accepted into the fold without conditions.

: Presenting a united armed but peaceful front in face of unlawful aggression and terrorist acts , imo would not lead to

escalation. It would be mad for Putin to escalate , if faced with a strong united NATO force that just stands.

Perhaps I am wahaaay overly naive.

But it's disgustingly awful how this whole thing is playing out.

Armed thugs (separatist milita) preventing the international civilian investigative convoy from doing their job ,

keeping them from the crash site , in the meantime the dead bodies are being unceremoniously dragged around ,

robbed of their belongings , cash and credit cards stolen , airplane black box still 'missing' .

It's a disgrace for the international community to be so impotent.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

EIFII (19-07-14), Stella (23-07-14), Theomegaman (19-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Please excuse me , but however futile and useless and a 'fallacy' it might be for me to get upset over senseless

violence and needless loss of life , I full-heartedly reserve the righteous right to get freaking upset !!

And I will Thank You for allowing me to do so.

I wasnt attacking you. : your sarcastic remark re me joining Hamas , and maybe able to 'distract' the Israelis ....

what would you call that ? I call it an attack and a cynical dismissal of my upset and sorrow and concern.

I expect better off you xx
    I call it one big long boring tout thread with some fancy dictionary words threw in if I want to know about this I will watch the news thanks war isn't a new think here its being going on since the dawn of man don't really need the international updates here thanks
    Last edited by naturis; 19-07-14 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    I call it one big long boring tout thread with some fancy dictionary words threw in if I want to know about this I will watch the news thanks war isn't a new think here its being going on since the dawn of man don't really need the international updates here thanks
    Thank god you don't have to read it so

Have a lovely , smiley evening
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Why on earth should they (US Marines) have been ???
    In theory you're right, it should have been NATO troops from a variety of countries though most likely led by the Americans. The Brits and the French would have been the most likely to assist. I only said Americans because I assumed they would have been ready to act the quickest to the situation.
    And I don't think it is a European problem, surely its a global problem? We should all be concerned by the shooting down and murder of innocent civilians. I had only imagined the marines forming a cordon around the crash site to prevent anyone from tampering with the available evidence, and to allow international investigators to do their jobs, rather than being at the mercy of a local militia who are quite probably guilty of the crime in the first place as well as being backed by a foreign aggressor.
    Of course now it is too late, and the conclusion all depends on how Putin chooses to handle the situation. Unfortunately he cannot be relied upon to act fairly and rationally.
    Last edited by EIFII; 19-07-14 at 17:55.

Reviews

Bluefan, I'm really enjoying your contributions. Please do keep them coming

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    Wow! Try punctuation. And didn't anyone explain to you that this is an adult site? Watching the news might help you with your Junior Cert next June.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Wimp!

If only PMs weren't private, the fun I could have with you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    Wimp!

If only PMs weren't private, the fun I could have with you.
    D'oh!!! Feel free to post your insightful and witty ripostes on here, or should you wish, you can add a visitor message to my profile page if you want to publicise your idiocy to the readership

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII;1389751[B
    ]In theory you're right, [/B]it should have been NATO troops from a variety of countries though most likely led by the Americans. The Brits and the French would have been the most likely to assist. I only said Americans because I assumed they would have been ready to act the quickest to the situation.
    And I don't think it is a European problem, surely its a global problem? We should all be concerned by the shooting down and murder of innocent civilians. I had only imagined the marines forming a cordon around the crash site to prevent anyone from tampering with the available evidence, and to allow international investigators to do their jobs, rather than being at the mercy of a local militia who are quite probably guilty of the crime in the first place as well as being backed by a foreign aggressor.
    Of course now it is too late, and the conclusion all depends on how Putin chooses to handle the situation. Unfortunately he cannot be relied upon to act fairly and rationally.
    So, you don't actually have an opinion or are you just trying - desperately - to stay in Stephanie's good books?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Please lets not derail this thread, we need more threads like this that encourages discussion about the topic and not the usual about each other.

I have a lot to catch up on, both post in this thread and the deeper issues behind these headlines. I would like to comment but will wait until I have more time for a reasonable responce as I am naive by nature and embarrassingly ignorant of complexity of the issue which always leads to ill informed statements but I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Madness is thinking the world was ever sane but we can live in hope that things can change and we should never let the tragedies that have happened jade us for the future or leave us apathetic to the present.
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (19-07-14), Theomegaman (19-07-14)

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast