Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does every post we make get construed?

Default Why does every post we make get construed?

Contributing to threads I have noticed that often when an opinion differs from a person it is almost always construed we must be sticking up for a friend?

I really wonder why on earth things are that way has this community come to believe that everything is done in a sheep like manner?

I always enjoy reading a thread where people have different view points so long as its logically discussed I tend to skip through insults and read decent parts of the debate and then add my opinion by no means is my opinion swayed if a so called 'friend' has a differing opinion. Is this so hard to accept that people don't always share the same opinion?

It just gets a bit tiresome being judged because of having an opinion.

I am not ever going to be part of a sheep like arena where I just agree with something or disagree because I have an agenda.

Do any other posters notice this going on and what do you think?
    Xxx
    Will MISS you all... For those of you that will keep in touch you know how to do this.... Take Care Kisses Alyssa Jenkins xxxx

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Alyssa Jenkins For This Useful Post:

ana massage (13-07-14), bollocks (14-07-14), Cable87 (14-07-14), circumcised guy (13-07-14), Clueless (13-07-14), Conrad de Montferrat (16-07-14), Cornelia (16-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), gameboy (14-07-14), Irish Sarah (13-07-14), Jericho (13-07-14), Jiberjabber (13-07-14), John1234ABCD (13-07-14), johnb59 (13-07-14), Lara Mills (14-07-14), Liberty Love (14-07-14), Nicole (14-07-14), Petros (13-07-14), Prickly (13-07-14), reflex (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), Rocker123 (13-07-14), samlad (14-07-14), Sexy Fernanda (13-07-14), Theomegaman (13-07-14), Tommy H (13-07-14), warmcome (13-07-14), westcorklad (14-07-14), Wolverine (13-07-14), zoozoozoo (13-07-14)

Blog Entries

Also if you differ opinion you have an agenda or you're being sly. Why it is not possible to just want to discuss something that has been brought to your attention via reading threads? People are far too quick to make things personal.

Unfortunately the posters that do notice tend to take a step back and eventually leave. Most people come here to have a bit of banter and a laugh, maybe learn a little, but certainly not to get slated.

Perhaps it's just the easiest reaction, when they can't think of anything worthwhile to say?
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 13-07-14 at 15:43.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Irish Sarah (13-07-14), Jericho (13-07-14), Jiberjabber (13-07-14), joggon (13-07-14), johnb59 (13-07-14), Petros (13-07-14), Rocker123 (13-07-14), Theomegaman (13-07-14), zoozoozoo (13-07-14)

Reviews

Isn't it funny that the two ladies who are discussing this are ladies I would consider to have more than "half a brain".......

However, logically; the same can't be said for some of the other posters. I think it's because people are unable to form their own opinion that the sheep mentality prevails!!!

Not trying to insult anyone, but just my opinion on why this attitude prevails here!!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jamieboyo For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), Cornelia (16-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), gameboy (14-07-14), Irish Sarah (13-07-14), Liberty Love (14-07-14), Olmatz (13-07-14), Petros (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), Theomegaman (13-07-14)

Reviews

It can get way too divisive on here sometimes. You start off having a differing opinion with one person and you end up with a pack of hyenas chasing you.

A poster that hasn't been here in a while put a rather apt name on the phenomenon ages back. He called it 'Forum bitch syndrome'.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14)

Reviews

I think it stems from the fact that where people have a genuine difference in opinion to someone else, frequently their disagreement descends into nasty even abusive comments.

Some people for whatever reason have developed strong dislikes for others and will take any opportunity to attack them.

I don't mind if someone disagrees with me or someone else I would just prefer if they could maintain some respect when doing so. If someone disagrees constructively with something I post and can persuade me differently I am open to changing my opinion on a subject.

When people just post abusive responses opinions tend to harden, and on occasion when I read these type of unecessary responses I am prompted to support/agree with someone just to counter the abusiveness.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), ana massage (13-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), Petros (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), Theomegaman (13-07-14), Wolverine (13-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by jamieboyo View Post
    Isn't it funny that the two ladies who are discussing this are ladies I would consider to have more than "half a brain".......

However, logically; the same can't be said for some of the other posters. I think it's because people are unable to form their own opinion that the sheep mentality prevails!!!

Not trying to insult anyone, but just my opinion on why this attitude prevails here!!
    Very true, I feel that the posters who could add something of value are often pulling back when a post turns malicious. To carry a good discussion you do need a certain level of intelligence. It becomes rather difficult when people with the IQ of a lawn mower get involved. I wish they would stick to mowing the lawn....

I said I'd be there in 5 minutes. Quit calling me every half hour !!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olmatz For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), zoozoozoo (13-07-14)

13. Default

Part of it is the nature of the internet:

But I would guess that another part of it is the nature of the arena. EI is an interesting internet outpost (someone should study EI for a sociology or marketing Masters) and certainly unique within Ireland. At the end of the day, while the boards may have more of a community vibe, this is a marketplace where some people are selling sex and others are buying it. Competition, money, posturing, insecurity, secrecy, safety, sales, and vendor security are all theoretically in play and I think you'd have to be naive to not be reading threads with at least a couple of those grains of salt sprinkled on your table. Which is not to say that posters here are not also earnest and genuine in their posts, but it's pretty transparent that that isn't universally true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    A poster that hasn't been here in a while put a rather apt name on the phenomenon ages back. He called it 'Forum bitch syndrome'.
    That implies the only people doing this are women and God knows that is not the case. I would just call it trolling.
    Last edited by Hypatia; 13-07-14 at 16:05.
    She who dies with the most sex toys, wins.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hypatia For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), Jiberjabber (13-07-14), Prickly (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), Rocker123 (13-07-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Jenkins View Post
    Contributing to threads I have noticed that often when an opinion differs from a person it is almost always construed we must be sticking up for a friend?

I really wonder why on earth things are that way has this community come to believe that everything is done in a sheep like manner?

I always enjoy reading a thread where people have different view points so long as its logically discussed I tend to skip through insults and read decent parts of the debate and then add my opinion by no means is my opinion swayed if a so called 'friend' has a differing opinion. Is this so hard to accept that people don't always share the same opinion?

It just gets a bit tiresome being judged because of having an opinion.

I am not ever going to be part of a sheep like arena where I just agree with something or disagree because I have an agenda.

Do any other posters notice this going on and what do you think?
    Xxx

Couldnt agree more

16. The Following User Says Thank You to reflex For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14)

Reviews

You are quite correct Alyssa!
    It's not worth while getting involved in any posts for some time!
    I always read your posts as they are always fair and are fair and accurate!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommy H For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), amylove69 (14-07-14), Irish Sarah (13-07-14), Liberty Love (14-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14)

Reviews

It is weird that some people just can't seem to accept a dissenting opinion to theirs, rather than debate the issue out the other poster is just wrong or will find themselves at the receiving end of tirade. The point of forums is do get differing opinions, but unfortunately the sheep mentality holds a good few people back. On here that number in the herd is added to by people trying to curry favour or "stand up" to those they perceive are slighting their friend or other.

A bit like Alyssa, I only tend to post on threads that I'm interested or entertained by but even then if you post supporting a viewpoint expressed by certain people you will automatically draw an opposite reaction from the "opposing" clique. Taking what Hypatia said, I think it's fair to say that a good few people who post here aren't posting for themselves but for the benefit (perceived or real) of other people.

But then again the beauty of internet forums is the anonymity of the keyboard warrior, you can take any viewpoint on any topic you like and who really knows what you actually think.

“'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dohnut Boy For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (13-07-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-07-14), Renatha Lopez (14-07-14), Theomegaman (13-07-14)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast