Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any bookworms here?

Default Any bookworms here?

I am a huge one, always seen my parents reading anytime they had free time, they have thousands of books at home, so no wonder where is this passion of mine coming from.

But nowadays when we spend most of our times on iPhones, iPads...etc reading is becoming underrated.

Love just wondering around in Chapters, Hodges Figgs, well usually buy something

Do you have any favorite book, writer?
    Good bye Ireland!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (05-07-14), ana massage (04-07-14), bluefan1 (04-07-14), Danny2011 (04-07-14), Forrest (04-07-14), JohnSund2 (04-07-14), ocred (04-07-14), Prickly (05-07-14), Stephanie (04-07-14), willie wacker (04-07-14)

Reviews

I tend to go through phases of reading a lot to not at all. My bedtime reading has been replaced by late night World Cup viewing recently however Don't have a favourite author or genre even. I tend to read fact and fiction in equal measures.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

Stella (04-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    I tend to go through phases of reading a lot to not at all. My bedtime reading has been replaced by late night World Cup viewing recently however Don't have a favourite author or genre even. I tend to read fact and fiction in equal measures.
    Im pretty much the same.

Dont blame you, second game starts quiet late
    Good bye Ireland!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I am a huge one, always seen my parents reading anytime they had free time, they have thousands of books at home, so no wonder where is this passion of mine coming from.

But nowadays when we spend most of our times on iPhones, iPads...etc reading is becoming underrated.

Love just wondering around in Chapters, Hodges Figgs, well usually buy something

I wish i would still read like i did before
    Every day when i walk my dog i pass by a book shop and every time i say i will go and buy one !

But didn't got in yet

I tend to go more for the historical and fiction books
    Last edited by ana massage; 04-07-14 at 17:06.
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ana massage For This Useful Post:

Stella (04-07-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I have quite a large book collection, Stella, which would range from (Auto)Biographies, Crime/Thriller fiction, Historical Events, Comedy.

This is probably one of my favourite true stories, which is purported to have inspired the fictional story Moby Dick.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70138588,d.ZGU

It will be interesting to see how the movie works out.

I do go through phases where I would read a lot, but generally one book a month keeps me happy.
    Last edited by Forrest; 04-07-14 at 17:16.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:

Prickly (05-07-14), Stella (04-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ana massage View Post
    I wish i would still read like i did before
    Every day when i walk my dog i pass by a book shop and every time i say i will go and buy one !

But didn't got in yet
    Why not to get in? What stops you? Ok can't get in with a dog right but beside that?
    I mean with our schedule we clearly have time, as I said, sometimes I'm not even opening a book for months and just try to figure out why is that...
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post

Do you still prefer a book in paper form or have you moved on to e-books yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    Do you still prefer a book in paper form or have you moved on to e-books yet?
    No not at all, love the smell of the books, bookshops, libraries, can't get the idea of e-books I'm pretty old fashioned i guess.
    Plus won't be able to use it in sunshine, or on a sandy beach, ok maybe these aren't valid reason in Ireland

Have a reader on my macbook, purchased few books, but never ever finished them!
    Good bye Ireland!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

ocred (04-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    I have quite a large book collection, Stella, which would range from (Auto)Biographies, Crime/Thriller fiction, Historical Events, Comedy.

This is probably one of my favourite true stories, which is purported to have inspired the fiction book Moby Dick.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...70138588,d.ZGU

It will be interesting to see how the movie works out.
    Not surprised knowing you

Mine would be:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...idistra_Flying

Not a well known work from Orwell.

Lately I'm thinking to study psychology do degree level, so into those books.
    Good bye Ireland!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

Forrest (04-07-14), Prickly (05-07-14)

Blog Entries

I recently had the Game of Thrones books donated to me by a very good friend am on the first book and loving it. You get so much from the book that is missed in the series and lots of little holes in my understanding are being filled. You can't beat a good book!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (04-07-14), Stella (04-07-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast