Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dads . Fathers. Et al. xx

Reviews

Nice posts Stephanie, I'm so sorry for you Mickeydripping that your Dad was an utter bastard, for everyone else who has a nice/cool Dad, ring him up tomorrow and wish him a Happy Fathers day. I would dearly love to do that, you see my Father is no longer around, he passed away a couple of years ago (as did my Mom) so make that call before it's to late http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvt1DFkeoDI

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (14-06-14), Stephanie (14-06-14)

Love

Quote Originally Posted by libra View Post
    Nice posts Stephanie, I'm so sorry for you Mickeydripping that your Dad was an utter bastard, for everyone else who has a nice/cool Dad, ring him up tomorrow and wish him a Happy Fathers day. I would dearly love to do that, you see my Father is no longer around, he passed away a couple of years ago (as did my Mom) so make that call before it's to late http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvt1DFkeoDI
    xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

libra (14-06-14)

5. Default

Had à great relationship with my ol man,no longer with us but it was an honor to give his eulogy at his funeral,no regrets...
    As a father myself I appreciate how good a man and father he was.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to how now brown cow For This Useful Post:

doodlebug (14-06-14), Stephanie (14-06-14)

Reviews

My dad was an open, gregarious character, who taught me many things. Care for others, self esteem, a questioning of authority attitude, and never to be afraid to stand up for what you believe is right, even if the odds are stacked against you. During my childhood he taught me the definition of freedom, and why it is necessary to fight for it, not only for ourselves but for others. He taught me a love of beautiful things, respect for fellow humans and to see all people as equals. All that having been said he was, as we all are, human. He could be grumpy, bad tempered, frail and sometimes wrong.

The greatest lesson he taught me was never to abandon those we love, no matter what they have or have not done.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Deven (15-06-14), Stephanie (14-06-14), Vitruvian (14-06-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    xx
    Thanks Stephanie, i can't do that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to libra For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-06-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDipping View Post
    A complete and utter psycho bastard. Violent and cruel. I have fond memories of rushing to stand in-between him and my mother as a 5 year old so he couldn't hit her until in the end she killed herself as the only escape.
    He made me scared of my own shadow, avoiding people altogether and hardly spoke in fear
    It took me a long time to put myself back together but thanks to some incredibly kind and strong woman I did
    Myself and my sister were out of the door as soon as we could and we have both strived to be the complete opposite and raise our own real loving family's

I still have the physical scars where he cut me to remind though of a fathers love.
    And my sister wont forget becoming my mothers replacement

May he long rot in hell
    I'm sorry you lost your Mum the way you did and the childhood he tried to take away from you, but I'm glad that you turned out so well and managed despite his influence and that your Sister was there for you, as I'm sure you are there for her too now. They say, what doesn't break you, makes you.

My Dad is a complete waste of space, but his crime was to do nothing, so it pales into comparison.

I do have a huge impulse to hug you now though. Maybe one day

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post

There is a little icon for videos all you need to do is copy the link! Enjoy your time here anyway!
    Omg !

I've heard this song so very many times , but never listened to it !!

Brilliant ! xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDipping View Post
    A complete and utter psycho bastard. Violent and cruel. I have fond memories of rushing to stand in-between him and my mother as a 5 year old so he couldn't hit her until in the end she killed herself as the only escape.
    He made me scared of my own shadow, avoiding people altogether and hardly spoke in fear
    It took me a long time to put myself back together but thanks to some incredibly kind and strong woman I did
    Myself and my sister were out of the door as soon as we could and we have both strived to be the complete opposite and raise our own real loving family's

I still have the physical scars where he cut me to remind though of a fathers love.
    And my sister wont forget becoming my mothers replacement

May he long rot in hell
    This makes me realise just how fortunate I was , growing up in the 60's seems to have been a real bitch for so many people .
    My dad was a saint and taught me all the right things in life
    And I hope that I am likewise passing on the important things to my lads .
    School can only do so much , but only a good father can teach a lad how to be a proper gentleman with true strength and courage .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Playitsam For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-06-14)

Reviews

I only realised how good both my parents were when I became a parent. So that's my goal in life to be the best dad I can. I said that to my dad a while ago and he said " if your trying, you are". He's a quite man of few words but their always good.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-06-14), Morpheus (15-06-14), Stephanie (15-06-14)

Reviews

My father is one of the reasons I feel as lucky as I do for the family I have. A stealth dad? that may be very apt way of describing him. He has always been there but like a father teaching their child to ride a bike he is there supporting me and my siblings even when we think we are going alone, always a steady hand if we ever wobble.

I have always got on very well with my father, he has been a strength when I needed it and we always talked but it wasn't until my twenty's that I really got to know him as much as I do now. When I was younger we got along great but I always though we were quiet different, he was more out doors hands on sort of man, me not so much. However I am surprised just how alike in thought we are, I can see myself reflected in him and even if I am not quite the man he is I am proud to be as they say "my fathers son".

Been alike has its draw backs too as we share some of the same negative traits and the only one as stubborn as me at times is him but I will be proud of myself if I make as good of a father as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    exceeds expectations without drawing attention to himself."[/I]

"doesn't speak up unless he can improve upon the silence."

their solutions -- fairness, openness, due process, expertise
    I say he is all those.
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-06-14), Stephanie (12-10-14), Vitruvian (15-06-14)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast