Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isle of Man TT 2014

1. Default

Three time British Supersport champion Karl Harris has lost his life following a crash on lap two of the Superstock TT today. The 34 year old riding the Moto Breakers Kawasaki ZX-10R is believed to have made contact with another rider on the mountain section of the course....sad news ...
    "One's real life is often the life that one does not lead." Oscar Wilde

2. Default

Sad news indeed. Dreadful actually. I'v been to the IOM a good few times and although usually only a casual observer I am always impressed by the camaraderie amongst the riders and the fans. Lots of drinking into the wee hours but always good-natured. Last time I was there a rider lost his life and a dreadful air descended on peel harbour as people made their way back to their boats for the journey back to belfast.
    I drive a motorbike myself but my nerve is not what it was.
    What is benign? - benign is what you will be after you be eight

3. The Following User Says Thank You to habebe2 For This Useful Post:

meatloaf (03-06-14)

Reviews

For those interested
    Irish Republic road race dates 2014
    June 21,22 Kells
    July 4,5 Skerries
    July 12,13 Walderstown (Athlone)
    September 6,7 Killalane (Skerries)

RIP Karl Harris
    Last edited by xagerate; 03-06-14 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
    Mank radio reporting a GJ accident
    ..he was really pushing..
    They're reporting that he's okay. He was air-lifted to Noble's, conscious and with suspected fractures, and from the pictures I've seen he seems to be in good spirits.

Three time British Supersport champion Karl Harris has lost his life following a crash on lap two of the Superstock TT today. The 34 year old riding the Moto Breakers Kawasaki ZX-10R is believed to have made contact with another rider on the mountain section of the course....sad news ...
    That's the second TT race death this year, right? So sad. That's the thing with the TT - you get so caught up in it that you sometimes forget it's a bloody dangerous way of life. As someone said during the TT (can't remember who, pretty sure it was the wife of one of the racers) "You can't love the death, you can't love the loss, but you can't love the excitement and the thrill without knowing that that's part of it".

Quote Originally Posted by habebe2 View Post
    Sad news indeed. Dreadful actually. I'v been to the IOM a good few times and although usually only a casual observer I am always impressed by the camaraderie amongst the riders and the fans. Lots of drinking into the wee hours but always good-natured. Last time I was there a rider lost his life and a dreadful air descended on peel harbour as people made their way back to their boats for the journey back to belfast.
    I drive a motorbike myself but my nerve is not what it was.
    I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to ride a motorbike around the mountain course. The way some of them fly around... scary

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    For those interested
    Irish Republic road race dates 2014
    June 21,22 Kells
    July 4,5 Skerries
    July 12,13 Walderstown (Athlone)
    September 6,7 Killalane (Skerries)

RIP Karl Harris
    Thanks for the info Not long to go now

6. Default

Another Win for Dunlop today .unreal..will a Jap bike win a race this year.sales of BM and Norton will go through the roof.
    I just cant relax when these races are on .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to meatloaf For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (04-06-14)

Another Win for Dunlop today .unreal..will a Jap bike win a race this year.sales of BM and Norton will go through the roof.
    I just cant relax when these races are on .
    I'm not surprised. He's really pulled it out these last few years. He won every race but the senior last year and he's well on form again. I'd be surprised if anyone else gets a look in for the next two races

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

meatloaf (04-06-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post

As someone said during the TT (can't remember who, pretty sure it was the wife of one of the racers) "You can't love the death, you can't love the loss, but you can't love the excitement and the thrill without knowing that that's part of it".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

meatloaf (04-06-14)

12. Default

This is heart wrenching and taken from "closer to the edge". i cant help thinking that her kids playing with her will probably follow her husbands footsteps into the sport. The bond between these people is a very special thing and maybe has been lost in modern society..

Reviews

This is heart wrenching and taken from "closer to the edge". i cant help thinking that her kids playing with her will probably follow her husbands footsteps into the sport. The bond between these people is a very special thing and maybe has been lost in modern society..
    Wasn't meant to put anyone on a downer
    Just posted in reply to Laras comment about hearing it somewhere
    The thing is the TT is the most spectacular thing to watch and for some...to take part in.Its in their blood and youre right in saying many of the younger generations follow the same path despite what has gone before in their family.

14. Default

Wasn't meant to put anyone on a downer
    Just posted in reply to Laras comment about hearing it somewhere
    The thing is the TT is the most spectacular thing to watch and for some...to take part in.Its in their blood and youre right in saying many of the younger generations follow the same path despite what has gone before in their family.
    Not at all a downerLove the bikes. I try to get to the Ulster GP every year and its my favourite motorsport event of the year..arrive early Thurs and Saturday (8am) so you can get into the infield before the roads close and soak up the atmosphere in the paddock, have a coffee and watch the colour and craic around you .. then pick any ..corner ...deers leap where the bikes wheelie past you 10 ft away with just a chainlink fence separating you at over 100 mph..1:2000 sec to freeze them..Irelands corner is spectacular..Tornagrough..love it..
    Better than sex, I dont Know, maybe .lol..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast