Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: friendship vs partner

Blog Entries

Lightbulb friendship vs partner

wich one comes first for you: friends or gf/bf?

have you ever lost a friend because of him/her meeting someone?

how does that feel?

do you think is fair that your friend forgets all about you for a person that had just met?

shouldn't friendship matter more than a love(maybe short) story?

or girl/boy comes first then friends? LOL

Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

Quote Originally Posted by ana massage View Post

how does that feel?

do you think is fair that your friend forgets all about you for a person that had just met?

I don't see why it's necessary to have define "hierarchy" of relationships in your life. It changes at different points in your life, and different roles mean different things to different people. For instance, when you're young, having a girlfriend/ boyfriend just means sex, intimacy, friendship. If you get married and have children, it becomes a very different relationship as finances, child-rearing etc...can take precedence and in some cases take over the relationship.

For me, at the moment, I don't have a close female friend/ girlfriend. However, I do have a male friend who I'm very close to and with whom I can talk about anything to, I'd consider him my best friend. However, it's not a sexual relationship because we're both straight!

I would like to meet a girl who I become close to (emotionally and physically). At that point, I think my close male friend might become less important to me, as I have someone new to confide in. Personally, that's something that I strive to finding: a female partner with whom I can share my life. I know that's what my male friend is looking for ultimately also (as he told me!), so I'd expect that I would become less important in his life also if he meets someone. I'd always expect him to be there for me in tough times though and vice versa.

However, it's difficult if a close friend suddenly falls in love and your own relationship becomes less important to them. I think it's something you just have to accept. I think a good friend though, will be mindful of this, and not drop you completely.

I envy people who do have that one special relationship. It becomes more important as you get older I think. When you're very young, you have your family. When you're in college, you have lots of friends and meet new people all the time. But as I get older, I've found my social circle is getting smaller, both because I value close relationships more now and because friends are partnering up also.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamey27 For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (22-05-14), funlover12 (15-09-14), Vitruvian (22-05-14)

how does that feel?

Friends -- true friends -- stick by through thick and thin ..

When a new love interest comes on the scene , you have to contend with not only 'a new person' , but also with all

the hormones and sexual intensity that comes into play beteween your friend and his/her new love interest . It is intense .

I think it'd be foolhardy to try to compete with a new lovey .

When that happens , I usually just take a step back , and allow my friend all the space she/he needs to flourish in that new r/ship .

As a friend , yep , it can be hurtful if all of a sudden you are bypassed in favour of the new squeeze , but true friendships

weather those times . *I'd expect the same leniency from my friends , as I show them .. x

Imo friends always always come before love interest : boys come and go , but a true friend is for life xxx

xx
    Last edited by Stephanie; 22-05-14 at 15:18.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ana massage (22-05-14), Clueless (24-05-14), Clyde (22-05-14), Deven (22-05-14), funlover12 (15-09-14), gamey27 (22-05-14), JAMESCORK (22-05-14), Stella (22-05-14), Vitruvian (22-05-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gamey27 View Post
    I don't see why it's necessary to have define "hierarchy" of relationships in your life. It changes at different points in your life, and different roles mean different things to different people. For instance, when you're young, having a girlfriend/ boyfriend just means sex, intimacy, friendship. If you get married and have children, it becomes a very different relationship as finances, child-rearing etc...can take precedence and in some cases take over the relationship.

For me, at the moment, I don't have a close female friend/ girlfriend. However, I do have a male friend who I'm very close to and with whom I can talk about anything to, I'd consider him my best friend. However, it's not a sexual relationship because we're both straight!

I would like to meet a girl who I become close to (emotionally and physically). At that point, I think my close male friend might become less important to me, as I have someone new to confide in. Personally, that's something that I strive to finding: a female partner with whom I can share my life. I know that's what my male friend is looking for ultimately also (as he told me!), so I'd expect that I would become less important in his life also if he meets someone. I'd always expect him to be there for me in tough times though and vice versa.

However, it's difficult if a close friend suddenly falls in love and your own relationship becomes less important to them. I think it's something you just have to accept. I think a good friend though, will be mindful of this, and not drop you completely.

I envy people who do have that one special relationship. It becomes more important as you get older I think. When you're very young, you have your family. When you're in college, you have lots of friends and meet new people all the time. But as I get older, I've found my social circle is getting smaller, both because I value close relationships more now and because friends are partnering up also.
    i understand is difficult to find a partner same as it is to find a good friend.
    both have a different but important role in your life .
    wouldn't be better if we can try and keep both in our life?
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ana massage For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-05-14), Vitruvian (22-05-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Imo friends always always come before love interest : boys come and go , but a true friend is for life xxx
    i think the same
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ana massage For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (22-05-14)

i understand is difficult to find a partner same as it is to find a good friend.
    both have a different but important role in your life .
    wouldn't be better if we can try and keep both in our life?
    Yes, it would. Just think it's necessary to allow friendships to change and evolve over time and take on new meanings as time goes on.

I would agree with all that's been said, as mentioned, friendships evolve, sometimes not always in a positive manner and it can be best to break that friendship for all concerned and for the benefit of other relationships.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (24-05-14)

When you have both it's awesome, my babes believes that she should never come between me and my friends and I'm same with her. I've discovered my true friends this past year and I cherish them all ....
    Who loves ya baby......!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (24-05-14), Clueless (24-05-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.: doc
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dr love For This Useful Post:

ana massage (22-05-14), bollocks (24-05-14), Clyde (22-05-14), samlad (22-05-14), Stephanie (22-05-14)

Some people are lucky enough to have a best friend that is their partner

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

ana massage (22-05-14), Deven (22-05-14), funlover12 (15-09-14), Stephanie (22-05-14)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast