Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting a smack in school

Blog Entries

Default getting a smack in school

writing irish, reminds me of my old primary teacher, who would drill irish grammar into us nd maths, i did everything in irish, prob why i can spell much better in it

but she literal beat it into us sometimes, knowing your shit saved a slap of the ruler
    like she didnt beat you because you where slower learner, our school was small, she knew us, she knew what we where able to do and when your been lazy, nd when you where lazy whack

also when we misbehaved we got a small smack, not beating a smack well ruler on the hands, im only 26 so its recent enough,

even my chemistry teacher was no stranger to throwing a few slaps across the heads, and well they where deserved
    there was another who if two lads where fighting he go in nd pull them Apart by the ears, nd sort of kinda shame them for fightiing,

now adays you get in serious shit if you touch a child, are kids becomming, brats for it? knowing they can get away with it, if they shout abuse etc, are we creating a generation of soft but bratish kids

they dont play outside get dirty now, but play on ipads, they deal with adult themes and loose the innocence much earlier, like santa was still real for me at 11, small school no net, small community was easy, and i thank them for it

like my father age was the extreme, beaten for speaking irish, and his own parents only spoke it and then of course he a citeóg a left handed nd was beaten for not writing with his right, the devil was in him you see

i think the level i had, was suitable, the teacher who once walloped me for trying to rob shit for the chemistry lab for halloween, is prob one of my most respected teachers, he taught us more about life than others plus he was mental
    i like that in people

should a teacher be allowed to hit? not beat a smack
    the ruler wasnt that bad

back of the legs was worse, but i did throw a stone a boy head who was trying to kiss me lol
    nd i never threw a stone at his head again

No never again should a teacher, priest or dirty peado bastard fucking Christian brothers be alowed to walk the earth even, they beat the fuck out of me for ten years because they were allowed to rot in a cave full of rats you wankers ..... A bit ott naaa
    Who loves ya baby......!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:

abcodiver (21-05-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    No never again should a teacher, priest or dirty peado bastard fucking Christian brothers be alowed to walk the earth even, they beat the fuck out of me for ten years because they were allowed to rot in a cave full of rats you wankers ..... A bit ott naaa
    huge difference in what i had, people like my chem teacher where go to teachers, you could talk to them
    but try nick chemicals, u might get a slap for it, infairness i was nicking acid nd stuff

beatings without cause was my father times, we got it when well fucking deserved,

to me that works, comparing to your time, and the shite we have now, there bloody brats, says the stonner hooker like, but there such little respect, kids cant mental compherend why something is bold, but one little smack, they remember that activity meant a slap, my nephew was forever going near the fire, he got burnt once, he not gone near it since,

not suggesting you burn your kids, but if he bites me or pulls my hair, ill do it back to him, lightly but enough for him to understand it hurts when you do that, nd well he stopped it,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I'm of an age where punishment inside and outside of school was very much the done thing. I was never hit much, my teachers etc never abused it. What I got, I deserved and I was thought respect for my elders.
    My own opinion is that since corporal punishment was abolished, things have gone to pot. I'm not advocating whacking kids but a certain level of discipline/respect has to be earned and maintained. Kids today ( in the main ) have no respect.
    Parents give kids to much freedom, innocence is gone and because of the 'give them what they want' attitude of parents to make their own lives easy, kids are bored by the time they are 12/13. They (kids) turn to sex, drugs etc at an early age to try an get a bu to replace the kicks they never had from childhood.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oneeyedreilly For This Useful Post:

lfccork (07-06-14), madjack (21-05-14)

Reviews

No teacher has the right to lay a finger on any student, my older brother got the odd whack at school( thats old school anyway) but thankfully things had moved on by the time I started.

Whilst I agree with the concept of smacking kids in school (to a great extent), I don't believe that the problems within society are purely because of a lack of smacking. There are a lot of cheeky little feckers these days, but I am a firm believer that behaviour breeds behaviour, and in most cases, this lack of respect stems from other factors; for example, young people may be influenced by a misogynistic rap song about 'fucking bitches', 'smoking the blow' and 'fuck da police'. At least back in the 60s when smoking drugs and indulging in 'free love' was the done thing, there was still an element of tactfulness and subtlety (for example, Bob Dylan, Everybody Must Get Stoned and The Beatles, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)!

Children are exposed to more violence on the television, sex is easily accessible and there is a 'dog eat dog world' mentality, given the fast pace of things these days, the recession and a general lack of empathy to fellow man. There is much more prodigality, and even the poor can still feed themselves and, in a lot of cases, still manage to top up their latest iPhones with enough change for 20 cigarettes.

I agree with oneeyedreilly that kids don't really have a childhood these days. They are pushed to 'grow up' and their parents don't want them out playing football with their €100 Nike Air trainers or climbing trees and scuffing their €90 Levi jeans. As for teaching, it isn't the lack of whacking per se that has taken their powers away, it is the state of which teachers can now be sued if a kid trips and scuffs their knee during a rugby game. Such are the times we live in A lack of ear-clipping is the least of today's problems.
    Last edited by samlad; 21-05-14 at 13:53.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Olmatz (21-05-14), oneeyedreilly (21-05-14)

I don't think that smacking kids leads to respect. Look at the different experiences spoken about here: Clyde and namesjack's brother clearly had negative experiences with it due to abuse of the punishment, but Annabel's experience was very different in that she had good relationships with her teachers and they did it to try and encourage her to stop being lazy.

I was smacked as a toddler once, by my mum, because I tried to do something that was really really stupid (I think it was trying to pull a lamp off a table by the cord so it would have hit me on the head and done some damage... maybe ) and she just smacked my hand (smack, not beat) and said "No. It will hurt you". I didn't do it again and I learned to do what I'm told So I think it is part of it but not all of it.

I think the main reason for the change in what childhood is now is because of how accessible everything is. I was a child when playing on the park with your mates and coming in when the street lights came on was the thing. However, I also grew up with a computer and games console and mobile phone. I used them but I still went out and played... didn't even take my phone with me anywhere until I was 16! To me it seems that the fact that everything is so easy to get hold of now means that childhood has gone. My sister is encouraging my niece to go out and play and she does it and seems a lot happier (and more respectful) than any of her friends who sit and play games on their mum's mobiles.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

clarelad (07-06-14), Clyde (21-05-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by namesjack View Post
    No teacher has the right to lay a finger on any student, my older brother got the odd whack at school( thats old school anyway) but thankfully things had moved on by the time I started.
    im 26 i got hit not ott hit but when utterly deserved i did,

if i told my parents i got a smack, they wouldnt be outraged i was hit more wtf did i do

14. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

bollocks (22-05-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Got many canings in school, on the hands, which were painful.

The severity was usually related to the temperament of the teacher

Even got slapped on my first day in school for talking at age 4..A good? introduction

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bollocks For This Useful Post:

clarelad (07-06-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Got many canings in school, on the hands, which were painful.

The severity was usually related to the temperament of the teacher

Even got slapped on my first day in school for talking at age 4..A good? introduction
    It didnt stop ya talking though lol
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast