Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all sex workers who'd like to contribute to a conference in June!

1. Default Calling all sex workers who'd like to contribute to a conference in June!

Hello fellow sex workers! Eve Leddy here in Cork.

I am calling for women or men who might like to write something (on ANY work-related topic) that I could read out at a Sex Conference, or to come along with me!

Maybe some of you have heard that Cork Feminista have recently aligned with the Turn Off the Red Light Campaign (TurnOffRL)? This is frustrating news as TurnOffRL are a group that aim to "end prostitution" and are pushing the Nordic or Swedish model as a change in legislation. For those of you that don't know, this would criminalize the purchasers in the industry: our clients.

The many reasons we would not want the Nordic model were apparently not made known to Cork Feminista: criminalizing inherently adds criminal element and fosters an environment for shadier business practice, we would have fewer clients, our clients would be nervous and negotiations may be rushed, raids would increase, ETC. Criminalization would have the opposite effect on the issue of stopping sex trafficking, which is what TurnOffRL claim to be aiming for.

There seems to be many misconceptions about our work. I have met with a woman from Cork Feminista and have decided to speak at their Sex Conference end of June.

Opinions on this or ANY aspect of the work that you would like to share would be great - it's an important time for us to stand up to protect our livelihood!

Feel free to call or text me - 0867778700 - I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy hooking!

XX Eve Leddy

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to American Kate1 For This Useful Post:

Bollywoodbeauty (11-05-14), circumcised guy (11-05-14), Davidontour (11-05-14), Hagane00 (11-05-14), JMastodon (12-05-14), Lucy Chambers (27-09-14), Paul Carr (14-05-14), Sexy Fernanda (26-09-14), Sexy Sandy 69 (13-05-14)

Quote Originally Posted by eveupstairs View Post

I am calling for women or men who might like to write something (on ANY work-related topic) that I could read out at a Sex Conference, or to come along with me!

Maybe some of you have heard that Cork Feminista have recently aligned with the Turn Off the Red Light Campaign (TurnOffRL)? This is frustrating news as TurnOffRL are a group that aim to "end prostitution" and are pushing the Nordic or Swedish model as a change in legislation. For those of you that don't know, this would criminalize the purchasers in the industry: our clients.

The many reasons we would not want the Nordic model were apparently not made known to Cork Feminista: criminalizing inherently adds criminal element and fosters an environment for shadier business practice, we would have fewer clients, our clients would be nervous and negotiations may be rushed, raids would increase, ETC. Criminalization would have the opposite effect on the issue of stopping sex trafficking, which is what TurnOffRL claim to be aiming for.

There seems to be many misconceptions about our work. I have met with a woman from Cork Feminista and have decided to speak at their Sex Conference end of June.

Opinions on this or ANY aspect of the work that you would like to share would be great - it's an important time for us to stand up to protect our livelihood!

Happy hooking!

XX Eve Leddy
    A good idea with a new Female Minister for justice in office

Blog Entries

Happy hooking!

XX Eve Leddy
    Hi, do you have an exact date for the conference and if anyone goes would they be able to stay anonymous or would there be photographers/television there?

Thanks for telling us about this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Sexy Fernanda (26-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Hi, do you have an exact date for the conference and if anyone goes would they be able to stay anonymous or would there be photographers/television there?

Thanks for telling us about this.
    I messaged Eve there - the conference is the 21st and 22nd June and I have offered to join her. From what I know of Cork Feminista, I imagine there wouldn't be photographers/television if we requested for them not to be there for the talk/debate.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

JMastodon (12-05-14)

Blog Entries

Likely one may sneak in honey, but us girls can always change the way we look just encase one does get in the door.

I would love to go but wont know if I am able to till closer to the date.

All the best
    Lady Von Teese

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I messaged Eve there - the conference is the 21st and 22nd June and I have offered to join her. From what I know of Cork Feminista, I imagine there wouldn't be photographers/television if we requested for them not to be there for the talk/debate.
    Now in London check out my new photos, over 200 free to view

when is the final decision on this if the laws go through or not ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I am in Cork for those dates, so if it is anon you can count me in. Can you let her know I left her a pm on here please.

Reviews

Happy hooking!

XX Eve Leddy
    From Cork Feminista's website:

"Cork Feminista are delighted to announce that we have recently become involved in the Turn Off The Red Light campaign.This is a campaign to end prostitution and sex trafficking in Ireland. It is being run by civil society organisations. Trafficking women and girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a modern, global form of slavery. We believe that the best way to combat this is to tackle the demand for prostitution by criminalising the purchase of sex.
    Tackling this problem in Ireland will require a response to deal with demand from men to buy sex. This industry, which exploits and harms women, exists because there is a demand from men to buy sex. The alliance is therefore calling on the Irish Government to learn from those countries that have established good practice for dealing with sex trafficking. In particular, we believe Ireland can learn from Sweden and Norway. Those countries have legislated to penalise the purchase of sex, while decriminalising the selling of sex. Practice shows that this approach reduces demand for prostitution and incidences of trafficking for sexual exploitation."

They were clearly fed the usual lies and propaganda by TORL. Trafficking women and girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a completely separate issue to consensual prostitution.
    Last edited by JMastodon; 12-05-14 at 19:24.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JMastodon For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (12-05-14), Davidontour (12-05-14), Empirical (13-05-14), Paul Carr (14-05-14), Sexy Sandy 69 (13-05-14), The Equalizer (12-05-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JMastodon View Post
    From Cork Feminista's website:

"Cork Feminista are delighted to announce that we have recently become involved in the Turn Off The Red Light campaign.This is a campaign to end prostitution and sex trafficking in Ireland. It is being run by civil society organisations. Trafficking women and girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a modern, global form of slavery. We believe that the best way to combat this is to tackle the demand for prostitution by criminalising the purchase of sex.
    Tackling this problem in Ireland will require a response to deal with demand from men to buy sex. This industry, which exploits and harms women, exists because there is a demand from men to buy sex. The alliance is therefore calling on the Irish Government to learn from those countries that have established good practice for dealing with sex trafficking. In particular, we believe Ireland can learn from Sweden and Norway. Those countries have legislated to penalise the purchase of sex, while decriminalising the selling of sex. Practice shows that this approach reduces demand for prostitution and incidences of trafficking for sexual exploitation."

From the Cork Feminista Extract
    Comment

Tackling this problem in Ireland will require a response to deal with demand from men to buy sex. This industry, which exploits and harms women, exists because there is a demand from men to buy sex.
    Are Cork Feminista not aware that there are a considerable number of men working independently in the Sex Industry (providing services to both male and female clients alike), and there are equally as many women working in the Sex Industry providing services to female clients. Why do advocates of Swedish-style Legislation choose to overlook this very important fact?

In particular, we believe Ireland can learn from Sweden and Norway. Those countries have legislated to penalise the purchase of sex, while decriminalising the selling of sex.
    In Sweden (where Swedish-style Legislation is implemented and enacted), conditions for Independent Sex Workers are highly undesirable and scum such as pimps and human traffickers have considerably more control than they had prior to the introduction of Swedish-style Legislation. This is one of the main reasons why Independent Sex workers are vehemently opposed to the introduction of Swedish-style Legislation, yet Organizations whom are supposedly fighting the corner of Independent Sex Workers do everything they can (and then some) to ensure that Independent Sex Workers cannot speak forth the truth in this regard.
    (I also can’t help but wonder if Swedish-style Legislation [which was introduced in Norway in 2009] has been such a success in Norway, why are the current Norwegian Government choosing to eradicate it?)

They were clearly fed the usual lies and propaganda by TORL. Trafficking women and girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a completely separate issue to consensual prostitution.
    Spot on JMastodon

Reviews

Exactly, well said J Mastodon!
    Last edited by Empirical; 13-05-14 at 05:16.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast