Thread: Dan Martin :: Giro D' Italia

Wink Dan Martin :: Giro D' Italia

I was watching Giro D Italia last evening and what bad luck for Irish cyclist Dan Martin as team had slip on wet roads in Belfast and he is out now with broken collar bone and out of race. It just shows how cruel bike racing can be. I will be out on Sunday to watch Dublin stage of Giro d' Italia. It's great to see the second biggest cycle race in the world start in Ireland what a credit to past great Irish cyclist and the country will make10 million from this tour in tourist spend here over the weekend. So if you can get out and watch this sport and the speed they go on a bike it's something to watch. Leader of race has pink jersey. Race started in 1909, Irish winner Stephen Roche 1987 ( his son Nicklaus Roche is in this years race ) most wins Alfredo Binda,Eddy Merckx and Fausto Coppi. Fausto Coppi was the youngest winner age 20. I read his life story A great read. (Pink Jersey) Maglia Rossa is worn by race leader and which corresponds with La Gazzetta dello Sports pink- coloured papper. Two wars interrupt: The Giro d' Italia and was suspended on only two occasions in it's 104 years history, during both world wars. So enjoy the supper bike race on your doorstep.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy shy lad For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (11-05-14), SteveB (10-05-14)