Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working out at home

Reviews

I bought dumbells about a year ago and this allows me to do weights at home. As someone who has been attending a gym for many years and still do many days a week, I can honestly say that the difference being able to do weights at home has made is huge. For example, I did a session last night before going to bed, can do so in the mornings or listening to the radio if I wish. I've done a lot of sessions that would not have happened at all if I had to wait until I had time to go to the gym so my performance in the gym when I go is far better. It also means that I can spontaneously do a session whenI'm feeling energetic. Many times when I get to go to the gym it'll be after work or whatever and I'll be relatively tired so having weights at home gets around that.

Just for some context, I would never have been someone who went to the gym with another person or in a group. I'd always work out alone anyway so this involves no change but I found it to be far more effective. (I see people in pairs at gyms and the seem to waste an awful lot of time - as in hvaea lot of downtime watching each other.) At the end of the day motivation is crucial. People buy weight/equipment and it gathers dust in the home not because the weight/equipment is a bad idea, just that the motivation is not there in the person. I'd have my doubts if anyone who could not motivate themselves to use weights at home would be a star performer in the gym either to be honest.

I would exclude treadmills from all of the above. I'd need to be in a gym to find the motivation to stay on one as I find it incredibly boring though interval training is not bad.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mucker For This Useful Post:

leroy (12-05-14), tatoo (11-05-14)

Reviews

so which of those two machines which would be the best to go for

I go Num 1 .it can be taken away easy again and the main seller is the bar and weights. you can do benchpress at different angles preacher curls and legs on the bench but you can also do squats ,deadlifts and lots other exercises with the barbell and weights . free weights are better than any machine with cables anyday

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tatoo For This Useful Post:

leroy (12-05-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12