Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garda Activity in Arklow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Garda Activity in Arklow

Beware in Arklow tonight (29-04-14). I was stopped tonight in Arklow by a gard in a garda car and asked where I had come from. I gave him no information and told him I knew nothing of the 2 girls names he mentioned.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Englishman For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman View Post
    Beware in Arklow tonight (29-04-14). I was stopped tonight in Arklow by a gard in a garda car and asked where I had come from. I gave him no information and told him I knew nothing of the 2 girls names he mentioned.
    Did they catch you leaving the premises.some guards would try get your phone.if they think your soft they would walk all over ya

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambam1 For This Useful Post:

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam1 View Post
    Did they catch you leaving the premises.some guards would try get your phone.if they think your soft they would walk all over ya
    Yeh, I was leaving the place, he searched me too, not sure of the laws around stop and search, maybe someone could advise? He found nothing of course, except a bunch of snotty tissues. He got hold of my phone but I took it back off him. He started asking questions and I told him it was non of his business. He had already checked out my car which was parked a little way down the road.

Reviews

Are these uniform Guards in a marked car?
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

7. Default

hey pedro, I'm in arklow myself, any chance you could pm me the location so i can avoid?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    yep.......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Englishman For This Useful Post:

Petros (08-05-14)

10. Default

oh sorry englishman, sorry i called you Pedro may mistake, literally dont know where my mind was on that one

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman View Post
    yep.......
    Surely they must stand out like a sore thumb?

Hardly the Crockett and Tubbs of the vice squad

Blog Entries
    Reviews

As far as I know they cant search without a warrent or only IF their is intent by their beleif but then the onous is on them to show/prove so (& thats a Slippery Slope for them unless U have an AK47 in the booth) & anything found without a actall search warrent (unless an AK47) can NOT be used in court as it was obtained illegaly without a warrent so the Judge would hit the Garda & his Seargent between the eyes with his Hammer for the stupidity of persuing a offence (?) using unlawfull means.
    Basicaly IF the Garda thinks your a "Soft Touch" he/she will "Go to town" with you to put U under pressure to "Spit" out info volountarily to them ..... so in short ... keep Ur mouth shut & question everything they say & do.

Regards

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Me4711 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Me4711 View Post
    As far as I know they cant search without a warrent or only IF their is intent by their beleif but then the onous is on them to show/prove so (& thats a Slippery Slope for them unless U have an AK47 in the booth) & anything found without a actall search warrent (unless an AK47) can NOT be used in court as it was obtained illegaly without a warrent so the Judge would hit the Garda & his Seargent between the eyes with his Hammer for the stupidity of persuing a offence (?) using unlawfull means.
    Basicaly IF the Garda thinks your a "Soft Touch" he/she will "Go to town" with you to put U under pressure to "Spit" out info volountarily to them ..... so in short ... keep Ur mouth shut & question everything they say & do.

Regards
    a guard can search you or your car at anytime they like including checkpoints etc if you refuse you will end up arrested and in court

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast