Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does happiness mean to you?

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon

Happiness comes from accepting who you are. What you can do and what you cannot. You can only be who you are and you cannot be what you are not.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (13-06-14), samlad (13-06-14), SophieX (13-06-14), Stephanie (13-06-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” John Lennon

Happiness comes from accepting who you are. What you can do and what you cannot. You can only be who you are and you cannot be what you are not.
    I am very familiar with this quote

4. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (13-06-14)

Blog Entries

It's funny, as most of the time I'm not really aware of how I feel, I'm too busy 'living', but now and again something will happen and I get an overwhelming sense of happiness and usually it's the most simple things, like... A beautiful skyline while I'm driving along the Irish roads. The serenity of the Sea from the view of an apartment I frequent in Cork. Picking up the phone to hear my Sons voice on the other end of it, or even watching a programme where someone has been generous and done something selfless.

True happiness, really does make you smile on the inside and sometimes it even evokes a tear and it reminds you how good it is to be alive and part of this messed up world.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (13-06-14), Deven (13-06-14), Meursault (13-06-14), niceguyme (13-06-14)

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    It's funny, as most of the time I'm not really aware of how I feel, I'm too busy 'living', but now and again something will happen and I get an overwhelming sense of happiness and usually it's the most simple things, like... A beautiful skyline while I'm driving along the Irish roads. The serenity of the Sea from the view of an apartment I frequent in Cork. Picking up the phone to hear my Sons voice on the other end of it, or even watching a programme where someone has been generous and done something selfless.

True happiness, really does make you smile on the inside and sometimes it even evokes a tear and it reminds you how good it is to be alive and part of this messed up world.
    Couldn't agree more Kate

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niceguyme For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (13-06-14), Curvaceous Kate (13-06-14), Meursault (13-06-14)

Pardon me for all the lennon quotes, but cant help myself with another regarding what you said:

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

At the heart of that one is that we all have dreams of having this Utopian life, where we will live in paris and drink coffee everyday. Alas what you dream of and what actually happen can be two very different things.

Like you insinuate in your last paragraph and i cant emphasize it enough, it is the journey that matters, not the destination. Too many people go after the "end" and work and waste their youth so that they can have a good pension. You must treat every day as a gift. Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow said james dean
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (13-06-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    Pardon me for all the lennon quotes, but cant help myself with another regarding what you said:

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

At the heart of that one is that we all have dreams of having this Utopian life, where we will live in paris and drink coffee everyday. Alas what you dream of and what actually happen can be two very different things.

Like you insinuate in your last paragraph and i cant emphasize it enough, it is the journey that matters, not the destination. Too many people go after the "end" and work and waste their youth so that they can have a good pension. You must treat every day as a gift. Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow said james dean
    "Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans"

Beautiful Boy - a song about John and Yoko's son, Sean Lennon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Meursault (13-06-14)

Reviews

Happiness is not noticing your time slipping past

Reviews

Here is a nice video I stumbled across ages ago.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dark-knight For This Useful Post:

Miss Alisha (15-06-14), Stephanie (15-06-14)

Reviews

One of the things that brings me great joy is the realisation I am a real life slave. Now this may sound strange but as Kate mentioned you go through life not really feeling as you are living life but ever since becoming a slave to my Mistress it brings me such happiness and purpose that it blows my mind. To kneel before my Mistress is one of the happiest times of my life, and I do genuinely mean that, it's an incredible feeling.

I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

Webcam and phone chat sessions available

17. The Following User Says Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

Miss Alisha (15-06-14)

Reviews

Kate your right, little things also brighten my day (a blue shy when cycling for example) making my day a lot happier and pleasant.
    Last edited by rob_tig; 15-06-14 at 12:41.
    Love slowly unwraping a sexily dressed lady.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast