Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there any tax credit/claim etc for work uniform?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default is there any tax credit/claim etc for work uniform?

Advice please

Never mind dat... I dont usually wear uniforms when i visit de ladies..but can i claim tax relief on what i spend on my visits?? They seem to be getting more and more frequent and my wallet more and more empty
    2 hands only 1 dick... Aint life a biatch!!

actually there maybe if he is low paid and can claim family income supplement , i'd definitely keep all receipts and have a trip to the citizens advice . Either way i'd explore the possibilities .

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Advice please

There is in the UK. You can claim for clothing (only for work) travel and depending on circumstances, sustinance. Call your local Tax office for confirmation.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (23-04-14)

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Better off double checking: http://www.revenue.ie/en/index.html but I'm pretty sure you can't. Absolutely one of the worst sites to navigate, but I think they want it that way!

P.s. Lol it has just occurred to me this is the worst place you could have asked that question, don't expect to many lady's to reply to your question on tax!!

This being a tax free zone and all. (before anybody jumps down my throat you might not pay PRSI but you pay tax on everything else, they get you in the end anyway!).

Ahem. Not all of us evade tax. It makes little sense to if you plan to have a mortgage or real life, living under the radar is trickier than paying then.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (23-04-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Advice please
    I know some guys in trades and they can claim every year for something to do with either work wear or tools. Also, the Defence Forces and Gardaí all get a uniform allowance, so you never know, just ask the Revenue. The worst they can do is say no.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Ahem. Not all of us evade tax. It makes little sense to if you plan to have a mortgage or real life, living under the radar is trickier than paying then.
    You'd want to be fairly thick to try and avoid your taxes, especially as you rightly point out these things have a habit of catching up on you after you quit the business. Now that many banking laws are being handed down by the EU and not just the separate countries, it is becoming easier for banks and Revenue officials to trace money that no tax has been paid on.

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    O.k let me sell it out for everbody, you can't.

Why? If it's only work clothing it's offset, no? If not that's a bit unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    You'd want to be fairly thick to try and avoid your taxes, especially as you rightly point out these things have a habit of catching up on you after you quit the business. Now that many banking laws are being handed down by the EU and not just the separate countries, it is becoming easier for banks and Revenue officials to trace money that no tax has been paid on.

Hello you

Oh, entirely agree. It's a club. Better to be on the inside pissing out. Any financial advisor or accountant worth their salt can make the payments reasonable.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    There is in the UK. You can claim for clothing (only for work) travel and depending on circumstances, sustinance. Call your local Tax office for confirmation.
    Depends whether you are employed or self-employed. Employees are expected to have uniforms etc provided for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast