Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swearing?

I always swear, i can control it though if i have to if i'm around people i dont know or around elderly old fashioned people etc. Dont see anything wrong with it tbh dont know why people make such a big deal about it.

Sums up exactly how I feel about swearing.

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just a fucking lunatic"
    -Stephen Fry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reckoner For This Useful Post:

Lady Constance (08-08-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post

Just been chatting with Lara and Nicole about bad language. I have to admit, I do casually swear during conversation, and even with my parents we all swear like troopers like it's no big deal.

In respectful company I do tone it down as not to offend, but usually when I get to know that person a little better, they are often as bad as me! I never swore in front of my children either, but admittedly, as they have gotten into their teens, I find myself slipping the odd 'bad word' here and there, especially when I am being cut off on the road by someone driving a German car with indicators that don't seem to work

What's your take on bad language? Do you casually swear frequently or do you abhor the use of naughty words? Are you polite until you are in the sack, then unload a full artillery of profanity during love-making?
    My take is the same as yours. As for in the sack I have nothing to say really. Im just quietly grateful besides I dont have much of a voice left after three hours of breathing anyway.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i try not to swear, i consider it bad language, literally.
    while it is considered this it is a great means of expression. Lets be honest. When used right profanity has a profound effect on the words.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    My language has got worse as I got older. I see that the origins of words like 'shit' and 'fuck' comes from the German language where more technical language like 'fornicate' and 'deficate' comes from Latin. Blame it on the Germans I say!!
    Victorian Bowdlerism.

Reviews

I fucking swear all the fucking time, what the fuck?

Scheisse.

Reviews

There just no fucking need for people to swear on here. what's the fuck is wrong with youse

9. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how_to_use_the_f_word.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	111568

There is a theory that people who swear are more trustworthy & honest. I certainly don't believe it's due to a lack in education or vocabulary. As Billy Connolly once said, there's no substitute for 'fuck off', is there?

Will never forget the time I let a 'fucking hell' slip out in front of my dad, to which he replied 'I hope they do!'
    Highly experienced English Dominatrix, now in Wexford!
    Visit my website or call on 083 843 6776
    By prior appointment only

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Constance For This Useful Post:

nonpareil (08-08-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Constance View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how_to_use_the_f_word.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	111568

There is a theory that people who swear are more trustworthy & honest. I certainly don't believe it's due to a lack in education or vocabulary. As Billy Connolly once said, there's no substitute for 'fuck off', is there?

Will never forget the time I let a 'fucking hell' slip out in front of my dad, to which he replied 'I hope they do!'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oh Kevin For This Useful Post:

Lady Constance (08-08-15)

Reviews

I don't like ladies using bad language. Not feminine and most unbecoming and unattractive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast