Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelligence. Worse or better with age?

Intelligence and speed decline and are made up for by an ever increasing collection of memories of our cock ups- sometimes referred to as wisdom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr love View Post
    Mmmm LVT let us set sparks a lit .: doc xx

Still looking forward to it Doc and still looking forward to meeting up for more than just a few laughs. And let me reassure you there will be more than sparks flying when we meet.Loll

Hope all is good with you honey.
    Lady Von Teese
    Now in London check out my new photos, over 200 free to view

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyvonteese For This Useful Post:

dr love (27-03-14)

Blog Entries

When you are young you are using your conscious mind more in order to learn the new skills that you need in order to function well and broaden your skill base. Then as you get older, you rely on your subconcious mind more, which takes a lot less effort, as you are using information already processed.

In this respect, younger people take longer to do things that older people take for granted and do without thinking, while older people cruise with the things they already know, but take a little longer with the things they are still learning.

I recently told someone that I think schools should introduce second languages from day one with infants, as we absorb information so much quicker at that stage of our lives, learning is second nature and this also confirms the belief that as we grow older we rely more on what we already know and become 'rusty' to learning and find it harder to process new things.

In conclusion, one skill is replaced with another and it doesn't matter how old you are, or young, as you remain the same level as intelligence through out life, as you are relying on skills learnt through life when you get older.

Now... what was the thread about again?
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 27-03-14 at 21:22.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (28-03-14), westcorklad (27-03-14)

Blog Entries

Interesting question.

I would thought one gets wiser with the age , but many have proved not to be true.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachel Divine For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (29-03-14), SophieX (28-03-14)

Reviews

Keeping the mind busy, reading, watching, and especially travel, these add to our experiences in life, and this may add to pour intelligence . These all take time, so all done as we add years to our lives, so we learn more, appearing more intelligent maybe? I love travelling and learn a lot when visiting different cities around the world. But some people are great at different things to others..everybody has a thing..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Daniels For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (28-03-14)

Blog Entries

Hey kate i couldnt agree more. I think the best quality for any child is multi lingual. The father in my circles, will promote him not being english,
    Mother tongue, I want him to have a chinese or arababic influence for nato children
    Last edited by Nikkita; 28-03-14 at 00:30.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita View Post
    Hey kate i couldnt agree more. I think the best quality for any child is multi lingual. The father in my circles, will promote him not being english,
    Mother tongue, I want him to have a chinese or arababic influence for nato children
    nato.....children..

I thought they made wars, not children

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita View Post
    A member of my family married a lady who lives in a different country and they are bringing up their children over there. He speaks to them in English and she speaks to them in her language and they can speak both languages no problems. In contrast my ex could only speak English and yet his Mum was not from England. Such a wasted opportunity to be bi lingual.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (29-03-14)

I'd like to say I was getting wiser with age, but some of the things I have done this last year would contradict that statement
    Last edited by Best Before; 28-03-14 at 09:10.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast