Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unwelcoming to Newbies

Question Unwelcoming to Newbies

Recently I have seen several (too many imo) first time poster's initial scaredy attempts on the boards

(perhaps in the form of a GenChat thread or in Client Request) completely derailed and made irrelevant by the quick

'witty' one liners and general 'pisstake' , where some posters try to come off funny at another's expense.

And so those first time posters are promptly discouraged from ever becoming members of this community.

The constant shallow inconsequential discounting of another person is becoming tiresome to even watch.

I am not grumpy , I am simply making an observation.

Would it be so difficult to try be helpful as opposed to trying to score a quick badoom-tish home run ?

We always need decent new blood to keep the forums alive ...otherwise it's just gonna be the handful of ye telling

the same old tired jokes to the same old blokes.

Not everybody is a jokester , and not every post / instance warrants a mindless quasi humorous off the cuff reply.

Some actually ask for consideration and advice.

Any thoughts ?

Please discuss xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

ana massage (09-03-14), BelfastGeeza (11-03-14), bigfellow (09-03-14), busy babe18 (10-03-14), Cable87 (09-03-14), circumcised guy (09-03-14), adrienn (09-03-14), Clint Eastdude (09-03-14), Clyde (10-03-14), Danny2011 (09-03-14), DEGEA99 (10-03-14), footfrank (10-03-14), guitarhero (10-03-14), Hagane00 (10-03-14), happygolucky (10-03-14), jamieboyo (09-03-14), mark51 (09-03-14), NoBrain2 (09-03-14), P51D (09-03-14), Rocker123 (09-03-14), royaler (10-03-14), ryder (09-03-14), Vitruvian (09-03-14), Wakka Wakka (09-03-14), Wolverine (09-03-14)

Reviews

welcome to the boards stephanie

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (09-03-14), jacklad3 (10-03-14)

Reviews

Yes, you are absolutely right. Smart alec or caustic quips by existing members ' in the know ' is pathetic.

Blog Entries

I remember someone saying that they checked out the boards for 6 months before they decided it was time to post and they were checking out the posters and getting a feel for the place. Maybe that is the way forward?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

jacklad3 (10-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    I think there are alot of help to newbies, newbies more than likely have reviewed posts on the site before signing up, so would have a feel for the kinds of posters already here.
    Baloney.

Not every newbie is a confident strutting stud.

Many are full of doubts and questions , tentatively trying to tread in this new world.

The continuous dismissive posts and replies to valid inquiries is disheartening -- even to me , and I'm not even on the receiving end.

** Kudos to the handful who actually replied to the New Guy re the Outcall + charge xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

BelfastGeeza (11-03-14), Cable87 (09-03-14), easygo (09-03-14), Hagane00 (10-03-14), jamieboyo (09-03-14), mark51 (09-03-14), Nuance (09-03-14)

when I posted the first time on the boards about the time I got robbed I had some dismissive remarks made about me. certains girls blamed me that it was my fault I got robbed because I was out after dark 8:30pm. I was quite upset about what was being posted about me and I have a very low opinion about the girls who posted those remarks.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

when there are new people i do try to be helpfull but there can be some that are not noobs they are either banned users returning or messers or worse press or scammers , there does be alot of paranioa towards most newbies ,

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamser For This Useful Post:

jacklad3 (10-03-14), ocred (09-03-14), Wolverine (09-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by filthhammer666 View Post
    when I posted the first time on the boards about the time I got robbed I had some dismissive remarks made about me. certains girls blamed me that it was my fault I got robbed because I was out after dark 8:30pm. I was quite upset about what was being posted about me and I have a very low opinion about the girls who posted those remarks.
    I felt belittled and made to feel bad about a crime I was a victim of. it proves that among some posters on here some ladies I shall say they really don't believe in community or in supporting some people who use this site.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I remember someone saying that they checked out the boards for 6 months before they decided it was time to post and they were checking out the posters and getting a feel for the place. Maybe that is the way forward?
    No, there should be no need to feel you have to wait that long at all. Maybe a few days or something but weeks or months ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Recently I have seen several (too many imo) first time poster's initial scaredy attempts on the boards

(perhaps in the form of a GenChat thread or in Client Request) completely derailed and made irrelevant by the quick

'witty' one liners and general 'pisstake' , where some posters try to come off funny at another's expense.

And so those first time posters are promptly discouraged from ever becoming members of this community.

The constant shallow inconsequential discounting of another person is becoming tiresome to even watch.

I am not grumpy , I am simply making an observation.

Would it be so difficult to try be helpful as opposed to trying to score a quick badoom-tish home run ?

We always need decent new blood to keep the forums alive ...otherwise it's just gonna be the handful of ye telling

the same old tired jokes to the same old blokes.

Not everybody is a jokester , and not every post / instance warrants a mindless quasi humorous off the cuff reply.

Some actually ask for consideration and advice.

Any thoughts ?

Please discuss xx
    the naivity is strong in this one
    Last edited by funlover12; 09-03-14 at 21:17.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast