Thread: Nordic Model, My Ass! Finland Says 'No'!

Reviews

Default Nordic Model, My Ass! Finland Says 'No'!

I really hate the way the criminalise the punter, make the sex worker suffer model is being referred to by sex worker haters as "The Nordic Model", it's no such thing!
    Yes, a few lunatics who are lying through their collective holes about the stats as TORLERS here are, managed to bring it into Sweden! Iceland also adopted it, but there was never any real sex for sale industry there anyway as it's so small and sex is very freely available from the wonderful ladies there! Norway will be repealing it under the New Conservative led government because it has proved to be very damaging to sex workers, including very much putting them at increased risk of assaults (which TORLERS know damn well will be an inevitable consequence of any such law and indeed its very obvious from the isane recommendations of the hateful so called Justice committeeion reform, that this seems a highly desired outcome!). Denmark considered it and rejected it out of hand, i would imagine Danish brothels are full of Swedish punters and they certainly travel to germany and Thailand in great numbers! So onto Finland, it's toghening up its laws to punish punters who know damn well they are with trafficked women (no harm in that at all!), but the nutter Justice minister who wants full client criminalisation ain't going to get her way as the cabinet won't hear of that!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/mondays_papers...lywood/7116501

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

Laura Lee (13-03-14), Rachel Divine (08-03-14), The Equalizer (09-03-14), the traveller (08-03-14)

Reviews

Not to sure if you know and if you do, sorry. The Icelandic premier is the worlds first gay head of state.
    Denise Charlton is, I believe, gay. I do think it a bit rich when the gay world tries to tell the straight world what sex they can and can't have.
    Same with the nuns, banging on about trafficking and human rights when they actually sold babies to rich Americans denying the real mothers the chance to raise their babies themselves.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the traveller For This Useful Post:

Davidontour (09-03-14), Laura Lee (13-03-14)

Reviews

''Same with the nuns, banging on about trafficking and human rights when they actually sold babies to rich Americans denying the real mothers the chance to raise their babies themselves.''

But the church KNOW what's best for the rest of us. Sure they've made the odd mistake -- that annoying thing about the earth going round the sun, contraception being a bad thing, divorce destroying the country, homosexuals being evil, condoms being no use against AIDS....and hey they might have got it a wee bit wrong in those laundries, and with the stolen babies and maybe how they handled their employees who raped children, but basically they fully deserve to be our moral guardians.

No really.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

Laura Lee (13-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by the traveller View Post
    Not to sure if you know and if you do, sorry. The Icelandic premier is the worlds first gay head of state.
    Denise Charlton is, I believe, gay. I do think it a bit rich when the gay world tries to tell the straight world what sex they can and can't have.
    explain this

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    explain this
    What other people do in their sex life is no business of mine, likewise what I do in mine is no business of any body else. Straight, gay or sex less. I don't like to be dictated to by people who maybe cannot understand the sex drive of men.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the traveller For This Useful Post:

Laura Lee (13-03-14)

What other people do in their sex life is no business of mine, likewise what I do in mine is no business of any body else. Straight, gay or sex less.
    You said straight, gay or sex less here, but in your post before you specifically refer to the gay community, or gay world as you call them.

The Icelandic premier is the worlds first gay head of state. Denise Charlton is, I believe, gay. I do think it a bit rich when the gay world tries to tell the straight world what sex they can and can't have.
    See? What's all that about?

I don't like to be dictated to by people who maybe cannot understand the sex drive of men.
    Gay men don't understand the sex drive of men?

Blog Entries

You said straight, gay or sex less here, but in your post before you specifically refer to the gay community, or gay world as you call them.

See? What's all that about?

Gay men don't understand the sex drive of men?
    You have a point their parrot, although you would think a section of society that have been condemned from all sides for centuries may have a little more sympathy for another section of society being condemned. It seems almost like now things have changed for the better and acceptance (which should always have been there) for the gay community is now being used to knock other minority sections on the head. You would imagine people who have suffered wrongful condemnation to have more empathy and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    It seems almost like now things have changed for the better and acceptance (which should always have been there) for the gay community is now being used to knock other minority sections on the head.
    Because a few individual people (King of Iceland and Denise Charlton only so far) who happen to be gay are saying they same thing as many straight people, that makes it seem like acceptance for the gay community is now being used to knock other minorities?

Blog Entries

Because a few individual people (King of Iceland and Denise Charlton only so far) who happen to be gay are saying they same thing as many straight people, that makes it seem like acceptance for the gay community is now being used to knock other minorities?
    I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. Let's wait and see what he has to say and not assume the worst.

I'm sure he didn't mean it like that. Let's wait and see what he has to say and not assume the worst.
    1. I'm not sure what he meant, so I asked him to explain. I have assumed nothing, especially nothing as ominous as the worst.
    2. My reply to you concerned what you said, not what he said.

It seems almost like now things have changed for the better and acceptance (which should always have been there) for the gay community is now being used to knock other minority sections on the head. You would imagine people who have suffered wrongful condemnation to have more empathy and understanding.
    That's your opinion, right?