Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 qualifying draw

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Glenn whelan out for 6 weeks with broken leg, that wil mean a change in irelands midfield for the scotland game. Is that good or bad? Maybe a more attacking line up?
    Hoolahan looks almost certain to miss out as well. A big loss
    If at first you don't succeed..... don't take up skydiving

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Glenn whelan out for 6 weeks with broken leg, that wil mean a change in irelands midfield for the scotland game. Is that good or bad? Maybe a more attacking line up?
    Most likely midfield (barring any further injuries) would be McGeady behind the striker and Walters (or possibly Long) out wide and McCarthy and Gibson in for Quinn and Whelan. Not our best lineup - McGeady is more effective out wide IMO

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ocred For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Whelan makes the preliminary squad for the Scotland game but Hoolahan definitely out. No Jack Grealish either, there was talk that O'Neill was going to fast track him into the senior squad to secure his international future with Ireland

Reviews

I wonder would grealish have a better chance of making the irish team than the english team? That might be a deciding factor.
    If that were the case then he would have been capped already. It's possible since England do not exactly have a conveyor belt of talent coming through that he might think he's in with a chance there. That's the only reason I can see for his hesitation. Personally, I don't care whether he plays for us or not. In any case we shouldn't be trying to 'persuade' players to be Irish. It really pisses me off that still a high percentage of our national team is still poached from other countries.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    If that were the case then he would have been capped already. It's possible since England do not exactly have a conveyor belt of talent coming through that he might think he's in with a chance there. That's the only reason I can see for his hesitation. Personally, I don't care whether he plays for us or not. In any case we shouldn't be trying to 'persuade' players to be Irish. It really pisses me off that still a high percentage of our national team is still poached from other countries.
    fair point but lreland is only a small country and Soccer is not our national game so a huge % of players play gaelic games where may be playing soccer if those games were not there hense giving a way bigger pool of players to pick from...like Kevin Moran for example who went on on be phone of the greatest centre halfs for United ,as regards the parent rule for players we got Mark Lawrance who the late Bobby Robson said was the one that he would've loved to have got but was capped by lreland before he became England manager.....as regards the game In Scotland..l think it'll be 0-0 draw......

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by loveat1stfeel View Post
    fair point but lreland is only a small country and Soccer is not our national game so a huge % of players play gaelic games where may be playing soccer if those games were not there hense giving a way bigger pool of players to pick from...like Kevin Moran for example who went on on be phone of the greatest centre halfs for United ,as regards the parent rule for players we got Mark Lawrance who the late Bobby Robson said was the one that he would've loved to have got but was capped by lreland before he became England manager.....as regards the game In Scotland..l think it'll be 0-0 draw......
    How big we are as a country isn't really relevant - the two biggest countries in the world are shite at football and although football isn't our national game I would wager that it is still the most popular in terms of participation.

Reviews

Default Finally a decision

Uefa are letting us in to the Romania Match, can finally pack my bag, 4 Northern Ireland wins in a row, hmmmmmm, is it possible?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Newtoallthis For This Useful Post:

TonyStark (01-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoallthis View Post
    Uefa are letting us in to the Romania Match, can finally pack my bag, 4 Northern Ireland wins in a row, hmmmmmm, is it possible?
    Win there and I'll be getting a bag packed for France. Nine points from our three hardest games would be unbelievable. Yes we still have to play them at home but imo the away games are the hardest, we are more than capable of getting points at home against Greece, Romania and Hungary, so max points away from home would be some achievement concidering we got beat by Luxembourg during our last qualifiers :/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post:

Newtoallthis (01-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Win there and I'll be getting a bag packed for France. Nine points from our three hardest games would be unbelievable. Yes we still have to play them at home but imo the away games are the hardest, we are more than capable of getting points at home against Greece, Romania and Hungary, so max points away from home would be some achievement concidering we got beat by Luxembourg during our last qualifiers :/
    Don't mention the L word Tony, I was at that match it was miserable

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoallthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Let's not get cocky lads, this is Northern Ireland we are talking about :-/ . Expect the worst hehe.

The last time NI was in a major tournament I was 2, so I will be going to France, ticket or no ticket if we qualify. NI fans at a major tournament - carnage (in a good way ).
    If you touch me, you might get a wee prick.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

TonyStark (02-11-14)

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast