Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016 qualifying draw

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Do explain? Since the "Neil Lennon Incident", we have done everything we can to get rid of this element, maybe one or two wankers in the crowd but Windsor Park is a far more welcoming place than it was 12 years ago when Lennon was issued with a death threat by some numpty who doesn't speak for us the fans. If someone in Northern Ireland prefers to support the Republic of Ireland then that's their choice and there is fuck all we can do to get them to support Northern Ireland.

As for the match, we played well, I thought when Hungary scored that was t, same old story, play well, sloppy defending and a defeat. When we equalised I thought, that's it game over play for an away draw but to get the win was just fantastic. Faroe Islands next and we could be going to Athens with 6 points and with Romania winning there, Greece may not be that tough and they are the hardest team in a very boring group.
    In fairness problem lies in Hungarian football, they have bloody no motivation,no clue, league is non existent, only 3-4 very few anyway, players with European proper teams, well paid dickheads, plus fucked up greedy at best management...

N-Ireland is no.95 world ranking while Hungary 35! pretty huge difference, but still they did nothing on the pitch, the injured player wasn't able to count until THREE that all replacements gone, such a bloody disgrace what our players do/did.

Romania will beat Hungary for sure, would put huge money on this without a doubt, also Finland won against us few years ago on a friendly fixture, so chances to beat us again are high.

I'd say huge chance for NI to get there this time!
    Good bye Ireland!

Reviews

Wales made hard work out of beating Andorra tonight
    If at first you don't succeed..... don't take up skydiving

Reviews

Do explain? Since the "Neil Lennon Incident", we have done everything we can to get rid of this element, maybe one or two wankers in the crowd but Windsor Park is a far more welcoming place than it was 12 years ago when Lennon was issued with a death threat by some numpty who doesn't speak for us the fans. If someone in Northern Ireland prefers to support the Republic of Ireland then that's their choice and there is fuck all we can do to get them to support Northern Ireland.

As for the match, we played well, I thought when Hungary scored that was t, same old story, play well, sloppy defending and a defeat. When we equalised I thought, that's it game over play for an away draw but to get the win was just fantastic. Faroe Islands next and we could be going to Athens with 6 points and with Romania winning there, Greece may not be that tough and they are the hardest team in a very boring group.
    Your lads did well, I think The Republic might have struggled a bit out there! Windsor Park long before The Neil Lennon incident, which was beyond a living disgrace in itself (his life was threatened in sectarian madness!), was traditionally a cold place for Catholics! In fairness you can hardly blame any young lad from a CNR background going ROI!
    There is a possibility all 5 British Isles sides could qualify, ironically it was a joint Republic/Scotland proposal to up the qualifiers to 24, which I support! It will lead to many more full houses for qualifying games all over Europe and be great for sides such as Northern Ireland and Wales who have never qualified for the Euros!
    BTW I totally accept it's only a minority of Northern Ireland supporters who have disgraced themselves!
    It's often mentioned that the great '82 side who were strongly supported and beloved down South also, had team mates who had brothers in prison for 'troubles' related incidents from different sides of the community!
    Mind You, for qualifiers under Staunton, I was seated beside a man from a Northern background who supported the ROI to the last! I asked him did he ever go to Windsor, and not a hint of a joke, he thought I was talking about Windsor Castle, supporting Norn Iron was so beyond his experience or understanding!
    Ride them on the beaches!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    In fairness problem lies in Hungarian football, they have bloody no motivation,no clue, league is non existent, only 3-4 very few anyway, players with European proper teams, well paid dickheads, plus fucked up greedy at best management...

N-Ireland is no.95 world ranking while Hungary 35! pretty huge difference, but still they did nothing on the pitch, the injured player wasn't able to count until THREE that all replacements gone, such a bloody disgrace what our players do/did.

Romania will beat Hungary for sure, would put huge money on this without a doubt, also Finland won against us few years ago on a friendly fixture, so chances to beat us again are high.

I'd say huge chance for NI to get there this time!
    In coming back to 35, Hungary have made great strides! They had certainly fallen along way! Along with the Netherlands the best side never to win the world cup!
    BTW I have a feeling that Northern Ireland will qualify! It would be an interesting group in France to have both the ROI and them in the same group! I suspect if both qualify and I think N.I. is more likely, that the picker of teams for the groups will be trained into picking the approved balls based on temperature, to keep us apart!
    Maybe UEFA should get some of our lovely ladies to pick the teams and groups as they are experts with balls!
    Last edited by The Libertarian; 10-09-14 at 11:24.
    Ride them on the beaches!

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Very good victory for the Nordies in Hungary! Hopefully theirpiss easy gro Loyal fans have come to terms with their sectarian hatred and bigotry! I reckon they will qualify from their group, mind you it's a lot easier than ours! England of course get their traditional up and their toughest game of all V Switzerland away has just resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Sasanachs!
    BTW it was reported on Off The Ball tonight that at one stage much traveled Hodgeson was once offered the Germany job!
    Rather famously O'Neill was interviewed for The England job, which McClaren got, apparently O'Neill did a terrible interview!
    Rodgers to follow Hodgeson!
    slovenia their other mighty rival lost to estonia so they have pretty much qualified after one game ffs like whats the point of going to matches if you have qualified already

In coming back to 35, Hungary have made great strides! They had certainly fallen along way! Along with the Netherlands the best side never to win the world cup!
    BTW I have a feeling that Northern Ireland will qualify! It would be an interesting group in France to have both the ROI and them in the same group! I suspect if both qualify and I think N.I. is more likely, that the picker of teams for the groups will be trained into picking the approved balls based on temperature, to keep us apart!
    Maybe UEFA should get some of our lovely ladies to pick the teams and groups as they are experts with balls!
    ah NI they beat brazil and then lose to san marino they've done that in every quailfying get one big win and lose to luxembourg, faroes island, estonia ,iceland etc etc but they beat spain , england, drew portuagal ,russia etc etc , funny Ireland have opposite problem they can't beat decent teams but can beat bad ones

maybe they could play something more neutral than the english national anthem that would be a start

Reviews

The national anthem of the United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland is not the "English Anthem".

Secondly I sit near a few people with "catholic"sounding names who are block bookers. So it's not the "english anthem" that's keeping people of a different religious cultural or political viewpoint away from Windsor Park. Nor should anybodies religious, cultural or political viewpoints be a problem when it comes to getting behind a football team, nor should it be a barrier in society.

The "fuck the pope" crowd do not speak for me nor the majority of fans of our wee country.

If you want to make it political then i have nothing but pity gor you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    slovenia their other mighty rival lost to estonia so they have pretty much qualified after one game ffs like whats the point of going to matches if you have qualified already
    It's because uefa fifa don't want a world cup without the "big teams" hence why spain, Germany etc are always in the same pot. It's really not fair as the qualifying groips are of one pot picked containing no hopers, next pot slightly better, next slightly better, nexf one possible compitition then the big team pot. So you're always gonna get a group consisting of say Germany, Czech Rep, Slovenia, Macedonia and San Marino so you kniw fine rightly Germany would win with Czechs second. It's stacked so the big teams qualify. It's silly and more or less makes the matches for the smaller teams glorified friendlies.

Reviews

Your lads did well, I think The Republic might have struggled a bit out there! Windsor Park long before The Neil Lennon incident, which was beyond a living disgrace in itself (his life was threatened in sectarian madness!), was traditionally a cold place for Catholics! In fairness you can hardly blame any young lad from a CNR background going ROI!
    There is a possibility all 5 British Isles sides could qualify, ironically it was a joint Republic/Scotland proposal to up the qualifiers to 24, which I support! It will lead to many more full houses for qualifying games all over Europe and be great for sides such as Northern Ireland and Wales who have never qualified for the Euros!
    BTW I totally accept it's only a minority of Northern Ireland supporters who have disgraced themselves!
    It's often mentioned that the great '82 side who were strongly supported and beloved down South also, had team mates who had brothers in prison for 'troubles' related incidents from different sides of the community!
    Mind You, for qualifiers under Staunton, I was seated beside a man from a Northern background who supported the ROI to the last! I asked him did he ever go to Windsor, and not a hint of a joke, he thought I was talking about Windsor Castle, supporting Norn Iron was so beyond his experience or understanding!
    There are people like that on both sides unfortunately, people up here wearing republic tops are automatically seen as Nationalists when they could very well be from the south. And then when i read comments in the telegraph etc, i see us being refered to as the "6 countie team". It's pathetic but that's the world we live in unfortunately.

I like to see the republic do well also ever since my granny, god rest her soul, was supporting them during the usa world cup and she was a staunch unionist lol

The bigger tournament is better as it gives others a cgance niw instead of the same teams in it all the time. I just hope that we can build on this Hungary win and not ness up against the faroes and finland.

Could well be a chance all home nations could get througj or at least make the playoffs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post:

ocred (11-09-14)

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast