Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: premier league

1. Default

im delighted for Palace tonight
    Last edited by Kildare Gentleman; 05-05-14 at 22:30.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kildare Gentleman For This Useful Post:

Jaygoodtimes (06-05-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    0-0 at half time with city and villa. City finding it very hard to break villa down. The longer it stays 0-0, the more nervous city will get. Still hope for liverpool.
    Am I the only one who thinks Villa will nick one on the break?

Reviews

Turned out to be a walk in the park for them

Reviews

So its all over bar the last touches on Sunday. Man City have deserved their title, the second in 3 years and they will be there or thereabouts for years to come I would think. Liverpool gave it a real go but in the end their leaky defence has cost them. I just hope they get the point they need against Newcastle to be sure of second place as it would be a real sickener to not get that consolation. Serious changes to be made defensively over the summer if they want to have a realistic chance of winning the league in the near future.

Congrats also to Sunderland for escaping relegation. They looked certain to go down just a month ago but Poyet has really inspired them with some of the results they have got against the top teams. Norwich Fulham and Cardiff are all relegated after recently changing their managers which obviously didn't help them. Leicester Burnley and whichever team comes through from the playoffs will have their work cut out next season to survive in the top flight but as Hull and Crystal Palace have shown it can be done. I think Tony Pulis deserves the manager of the year award but it will probably go to Pellegrini.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 07-05-14 at 21:23.
    The Truth is out there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

might not win but they definitely will not lose.

Reviews

They will be one of the contenders next year but need to sort out their defending

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    City win 2-0, liverpool win 2-1. City are champions. Liverpool fought bravely and have improved greatly since finishing 7th last season. They wil probably look back on the games against west brom and palace, where they dropped points from winning positions, that have cost them winning the pl.
    They also lost to Southampton at home and Hull away during the season. Really though I think Chelsea are the biggest losers considering the points they dropped against so called weak teams. Anyway congrats again to Man City and now just the FA Cup Final and playoffs to come before the club season ends.
    The Truth is out there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

For me its the points dropped at West Brom and against Villa at home that are the killer for Liverpool. Yes the SG slip plays its part but it was a one off error that Chelsea took advantage of. The West Brom and Villa games were weak ass performances.

Many mention the Palace game as one where the Pool blew it when they were 3 up and only drew and although that did show a naiveté it had no impact on the title as far as Im concerned. The title was lost after the Chelsea game and had Liverpool won the Palace game 3-0 they still would have lost the league.

The fact is Liverpool needed to win 13 and draw one of their last 14 games to win the league. The fact they came so close to doing that is very impressive, but alas they only won 12 drew 1 and lost 1, and so in the last 14 games it is down to that slip and the fact they could not break down the Chelsea defense at home

City by comparison won 10, drew 3 and lost 1. Chelsea won 9, drew 2 and lost 3

It was a great run in to a season

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Spurs sack Sherwood. They seem to have a replacement in mind.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27219049

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    Spurs sack Sherwood. They seem to have a replacement in mind.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27219049
    Whats the point of constantly sacking coaches and debeor will be no exception when he finishes outside the top 4,spurs are at best a top 6-7 club no more and i just don't get that they expect to be challenging for a top4 place on a regular basis,they ahve only been in the CL once.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast