Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite tv series

1. Default

Blue Bloods and The Mentalist

Reviews

At the moment im watching vikings, black sails and hell on wheels and can't forget the sons of anarchy i just started season 3

Has anyone seen True Detective yet? Great cast, two episodes in so far, very despondent but really interesting so far. Would recommend it...

Anything with these two in it, is bound to be brilliant.

“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomEA For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteNoob (05-03-14), robbiepussylicker (18-03-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    Has anyone seen True Detective yet? Great cast, two episodes in so far, very despondent but really interesting so far. Would recommend it...

Anything with these two in it, is bound to be brilliant.

Watching it online. Season finale next week for me! Don't worry, I won't spoil it but by God does it go from "very good" to "OMG YES YES YES!"

McConughey's acting is superb, ain't it.
    Last edited by AbsoluteNoob; 05-03-14 at 02:00.

Reviews

I came accross a beauty of a comedy recently, called Bluestone 42. Its set in a British army camp in Afganistan and revolves around a bomb disposal unit called Bluestone 42. Now the BBC have a great history of military comedy, Dad's Army and It Ain't Half Hot Mum, to name a couple, and this is no different. While it's content and language is much more adult orientated than the previous comedies, will ensure that it will not reach as wide an audience. However from all acounts its quite realistic of squaddies day to day behaviour, language and military procedure, at the same time focuses on character and doesn't have the anti/pro war sentiments that ruined M*A*S*H*. Its just a light hearted situation comedy that's realy fucking funny. Its on BBC3, thursday's at 10pm, and is repeated several times during the week.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jizrag For This Useful Post:

mic1980 (05-03-14)

I dont know what all the hype is about true detective? My cousin watched 4 episodes and said it was extremely boring and had no action in it and went no where. My bro watched like 2-3 episodes and pretty much said the same thing. Right now i'm watching Blue Bloods and The Wire. Dont know if anything can top Breaking Bad in all honesty that show was unbelievably good.

The Wire is best series ever made.
    Has anyone seen Vikings yet? It's very good, not what u expect it to be .
    Watch it from first episode you will soon be hooked like me!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hottrod101 For This Useful Post:

blueberry (07-03-14)

Reviews

There is a few but I probably would go with The Wire too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2camp For This Useful Post:

Clyde (09-03-14)

13. Default

The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood and Twin Peaks top the pile for me. Also like Whedon's shows, Buffy, Firefly, etc.

Currently catching up with True Detective and it's definitely up there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Springing For This Useful Post:

TomEA (10-03-14)

Reviews

The latest one I'm watching is House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. I wasn't too sure at first. I thought the first 4 episodes were ok. I found it boring with all the politics. Once the story is unfolding and you get more used to the characters it gets better. Really enjoying it now.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast