Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exaggerated Compliments or Borderline Rudeness

Blog Entries

Question Exaggerated Compliments or Borderline Rudeness

Which is more annoying?

When someone is way over the top with compliments, does it make you feel wary? That they may well be being insincere and looking for something in return?

If someone is borderline rude with you, say they comment on your appearance or personality in a way that you would not expect someone you did not know you well to do; maybe they comment on your age, your appearance, your choice of clothing etc. Do you feel they are just being honest, or is it a bit offensive and thoughtless?

Who do you trust most out of the two of them, do you reject them for being too much (either way) or just accept that it is likely just their personality, the way they are and brush it off as relatively inoffensive?
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 06-02-14 at 15:56.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

ana massage (06-02-14), bollocks (06-02-14), Deven (06-02-14), Jericho (06-02-14), sara26 (06-02-14), zoozoozoo (06-02-14)

Wow what a thread !! It's brilliant.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Which is more annoying?

When someone is way over the top with compliments, does it make you feel wary? That they may well be being insincere and looking for something in return?

If someone is borderline rude with you, say they comment on your appearance or personality in a way that you would not expect someone you did not know you well to do; maybe they comment on your age, your appearance, your choice of clothing etc. Do you feel they are just being honest, or is it a bit offensive and thoughtless?

Who do you trust most out of the two of them, do you reject them for being too much (either way) or just accept that it is likely just their personality, the way they are and brush it off as relatively inoffensive?
    I dont like someone who is too sweet or over the top with compliments either kate, I know i'm gorgeous so i dont need people reminding me of it every 5 minutes, .. but guys can say things that could be construe as rude by others even though it wasn't that persons intention especially when they are nervous, I put my foot in it many times myself.
    Last edited by namesjack; 06-02-14 at 16:09.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to namesjack For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14)

Blog Entries

i like compliments (as i am a woman,who doesn't likes it to hear every once in a while that you are beautiful,intelligent etc) only if it comes together with a apreciation gift
    words are the easiest part

rudeness....well i can answer with a question ''who likes it''?
    unless is something relating with sex some do like it (not me tho )
    Retiring for good soon
    Check out My Website
    www.theartofsofttouch.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ana massage For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14), Deven (06-02-14)

I do like compliments but when they become too much, the trust issue kicks in. If someone is rude, i simply turn my back and walk away, deleting them from my memory but with exaggerated compliments it gets harder to do as i feel the need to seek deep and see what their intentions are.
    You.Me.Whipped cream.Handcuffs.Any questions??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sara26 For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (08-02-14), Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14), Deven (06-02-14)

Reviews

All the ladies I have met here have been lovely gorgeous women in appearance and I enjoy the opperurtunity to tell them so , they have usually taken the time to get ready for an appointment so why should they not be complimented on their appearance ?
    I have also been very fortunate to meet some ladies here that are as persons are beautiful people and Im sure there are others here like me who treasure those special ladies

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14), jacklad3 (07-02-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Which is more annoying?

I can only answer for myself but if I give a complement its genuine, I dont do flippent complements but its lucky I dont say half what I think because even I cringe when I hear them in my head. Lucky I get mute around you and I even had one for when we next met, dodged that bullet

As for the second, from a friend or family member its harmless from a stranger its usually rudness.
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14)

Blog Entries

Some really interesting answers thanks. I think I was prompted by someone who is calling me quite a bit recently and they are making lots of compliments with regards to my looks etc. I keep reminding them they have never seen me, but they think they have seen enough with the blurred or slightly hidden pictures they have seen. It worries me a tad, because I think he must be confusing me with someone else or he will be sorely disappointed when and if we do meet.

I really appreciate compliments when I think they are real and meant, but the superfluous ones? I suppose they lose impact and meaning, as they are hard to judge. Can someone really think that much of you?

The kind of rudeness that I am referring to is subtle. It's not always obvious at first that there is a little sting to it or it is said in a way that you feel like you shouldn't react to it. My Mum is great at this and gets away with murder with some of the things she says. This is not to be confused with sarcasm though and Clyde did a great example of that with his reply to my thread on here.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (06-02-14), jacklad3 (07-02-14), Prickly (07-02-14)

It doesn't matter what people say about you, as long as they're talking about you.

Because I'm a ROCKSTAR
    Somewhere over the rainbow.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hot Olivia For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (06-02-14), Deven (06-02-14), jacklad3 (07-02-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Olivia View Post
    It doesn't matter what people say about you, as long as they're talking about you.

Because I'm a ROCKSTAR

Good one. No such thing as bad publicity (well nearly).

p.s. I'll give him your number

p.p.s. Only joking!
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 06-02-14 at 18:13.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Deven (06-02-14), Hot Olivia (06-02-14), jacklad3 (07-02-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast