Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up Smoking

Default Giving up Smoking

Day 4 off the cigarettes and determined to do it this time. Although I am fit to kill everything around me at the moment. Anyone got any good tips for kicking this filthy habit??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to markbl For This Useful Post:

scotty123 (08-01-14)

Try the e cigs. Loads of people swear by em

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

markbl (07-01-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    Day 4 off the cigarettes and determined to do it this time. Although I am fit to kill everything around me at the moment. Anyone got any good tips for kicking this filthy habit??
    feel good about what you've accomplished. your diaphragm will miss the stretch so focus on your breathing.
    get some nice fruit and drink some water. keep going, it get's much easier. 20 years now.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (07-01-14), markbl (07-01-14), scotty123 (08-01-14)

Reviews

willpower is all you need if you can stay off them you can do anything

Reviews

its hard to give them up, your going well for a week or a month then you get a tight kick in the nuts or some other setback and your straight back on them again.

Thanks for the replies, and some of the not so smart answers. But yeah, this is the first time I have given up in years, generally Im a believer in the time being right, and the time was right this time.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by namesjack View Post
    its hard to give them up, your going well for a week or a month then you get a tight kick in the nuts or some other setback and your straight back on them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Just ask yourself the question. Do I really want to give them up or is this one of those silly new years resolutions that will fail again this year? Just like last year and the one before.
    You gave to really want to do it and remember that.
    Lads, lads,...

Come on now, a little bit of encouragement wouldn't go awry...
    Well done buddy....Keep up the good work. Take it one day at a time.
    I gave up seven years ago mate in my mid twenties, so if I can do it anyone can...
    Last edited by jamieboyo; 07-01-14 at 22:14.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jamieboyo For This Useful Post:

markbl (07-01-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    Thanks for the replies, and some of the not so smart answers. But yeah, this is the first time I have given up in years, generally Im a believer in the time being right, and the time was right this time.
    I wanna do it too. My friends are suggesting hypnosis... Does this really work.

I ask cos I tried it before years ago. Guy says "you are now asleep and under my power". Tse, yeah, right. Not a chance. Is it Cos I'm a sceptic. Can sceptics be hypnotised.
    Last edited by JAMESCORK; 07-01-14 at 22:11.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

markbl (07-01-14)

Don't know. Im a sceptic too. But on the other hand if it works I would be worried it might throw a side effect, like barking like a dog every time you see a green light at a junction or something...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post

I ask cos I tried it before years ago. Guy says "you are now asleep and under my power". Tse, yeah, right. Not a chance. Is it Cos I'm a sceptic. Can sceptics be hypnotised.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to markbl For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (07-01-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post

you consciously want to stop. the addiction is unconcious. it's ok
    you feel aware with the therapist, because he/she is communicating with your unconscious.
    will power is still a factor even with hypnotherapy.
    Last edited by warmcome; 07-01-14 at 22:18.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (07-01-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast