I thought that this thread might be handy because many of us now have smart phones and android phones, and there are thousands and thousands of useful (and fun!) apps we can use.

Recently I bought myself a Windows Smartphone (Nokia Lumia 520) and I have to say, it is brilliant! It was only cheap but a lot of fun to use and I can customise the phone. Useful apps I have downloaded for it include

Apps for Windows Smartphone:

Xbox One Smart Glass: I can check my gamerscore, read reviews and use the 'Companion Mode' while playing some of my games to get more out of them. And it's free!

Rayman Jungle Run: This cost me 79p and it is a very simple yet beautifully presented game. You play as Rayman (surprisingly) and you have to tap the screen to jump and hold to glide in the air in order to collect Loomins and avoid hazards. Great fun to fill a few minutes or for boring journeys.

Phone Guitar App: If you play guitar and use tabs, then this is just the same as 'Ultimate Guitar Tabs', but completely free of charge.

What apps can you recommend, and don't forget to tell us what device they can be used on