Thread: 'Sherlock' Season Three - what did you think?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Sherlock' Season Three - what did you think?

Who caught last night's return of Sherlock on BBC? What did you think of it?

Warning: spoilers ahead

I was quite disappointed. The first two seasons were amazing, gripping, and just... fantastic. The Empty Hearse simply didn't live up to my expectations of Sherlock's return. I enjoyed the fact that they included different theories on how he did it, but it felt a bit too heroic for me. He isn't your conventional hero, running into fires and defusing bombs to save the day. He's awkward and doesn't really get other people. That's why we love him - he's intelligent but completely clueless. His reveal to John (and the punches that followed) was boring for me and not in character. I think he'd be more likely to go and visit John at work, simply walking into his office and announcing there was a new case to solve and that John should follow him. The ruined engagement and cafés afterwards felt forced.

It did have some classic lines in it...

Mycroft: He's moved on with his life.
    Sherlock: What life? I've been away.

John: I don't shave for Sherlock Holmes.
    Mary: You should get that on a t-shirt.

(Many people have already taken to the internet and made them... some examples here).

...but it still didn't feel like Sherlock. There was something missing, and I hope they can put it back in with the next episode.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

jizrag (02-01-14)