Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unemployed :(

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Unemployed :(

I was let go 3 weeks ago decrease in demand or something been working in a factory for 2 years and I have no idea what to do next ,another factory job? which i did an interview for but i have heard nothing since thats 2 weeks now, take a stab at a completely different job?,do a work placement (work for nothing), get a job with my business degree which i never used its 4 going on 5 years now cant remember a thing, a course I looked on springboard but you need to wait and do interviews ,was looking at a IT course but there expensive or go out foreign but id shit meself at even moving to dublin haha,or a fas course haha, jus really afraid il bollock around im 28 near 30 now been afraid to do anything and end up on the dole or a shite job again and end up goin nowhere ,i just wanted to vent and talk to the the wise gurus here honestly the guys here have helped alot

The county enterprise boards can give you some help and guidance if you have any ideas. This time of year is good as they need to spend there budget.
    Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bunk For This Useful Post:

celticden (16-12-13)

Reviews

Maybe now is the time to take a chance to try something different.I donīt know what your personal circumstantes are, re. family mortgage etc, but if you have no commitments, now is the time to take advantage of that. Once you have settled down , with a family or buy property, you are tied down, and have less opportunities open to you.
    Sorry, meant to say, sorry you got let go.
    Last edited by justfrank44; 13-12-13 at 16:32.

Reviews

Sorry to hear this and do hope things improve for you , a relative of mine , 25 , just landed a good job after doing a Fas scheme which lead to a job placement so there is some work out there
    Another relative went on a " holiday " to the USA a few years ago ,as luck would have it the person he was sitting beside ended up employing him talk about luck !!
    Last edited by zoozoozoo; 13-12-13 at 16:50.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Maybe now is the time to take a chance to try something different.I donīt know what your personal circumstantes are, re. family mortgage etc, but if you have no commitments, now is the time to take advantage of that. Once you have settled down , with a family or buy property, you are tied down, and have less opportunities open to you.
    Sorry, meant to say, sorry you got let go.
    no young free and single still at home but been rowing with the parents alot so think its time to move soon

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
    The county enterprise boards can give you some help and guidance if you have any ideas. This time of year is good as they need to spend there budget.
    like a start up company ? dont think im that entrepreneurial to be honest

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zoozoozoo View Post
    Sorry to hear this and do hope things improve for you , a relative of mine , 25 , just landed a good job after doing a Fas scheme which lead to a job placement so there is some work out there
    Another relative went on a " holiday " to the USA a few years ago ,as luck would have it the person he was sitting beside ended up employing him talk about luck !!
    is he still in the US now ?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

hey hows it going

in 2003 i done a springboard course , it was all inclusive trip to canada and done a ecdl up in belfast it was amazing , if not for a career its worth the experience ,

im 30 now and doing a fas course on computers last year i done a other fas course on computers too , hopefully will get a job from it this time

there is feck all jobs out there at the moment but it is starting to pick up so hang in there ,

from 16 to the age of 25 i was employed on and off , when i was off i was in colege in canada

i got let go in 2008 had some savings and traveled 2010-2011

maybe go do a college course , do a intern you get 50 ontop of your doll i know its not much but some do give jobs at the end i know my friend is working now and hes in a good paying job ,

you could start your own buisness

there are many things you could do you seemed very busy for a while there take some you time to find out what YOU really want to do

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by celticden View Post
    is he still in the US now ?
    Yeah and has been for over 30 years ,job interview on the plane on the way over as it were ,he went intending to be an illegal but things worked out right from the start ,could not have happened to a nicer bloke -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

celticden (16-12-13)

I hear garda is recruiting these days.
    the french foreign legion is always on the look out for good people.

Both will offer you serious career plan.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast