Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tulisa to be charged for supplying class A drugs

Default Tulisa to be charged for supplying class A drugs

Oh dear, it seems that after dusting herself off and holding her head high after that blow job video that went viral, Tulisa Contostavalos of N-Dubz fame is now in the headlines again for all the wrong reasons, this time for allegedly supplying class A drugs, i.e. cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian

Tulisa Contostavlos to be charged with supplying class A drugs
    CPS authorises Met police to charge singer and former X Factor judge following investigation sparked by Sun on Sunday sting

Mark Sweney
    The Guardian, Monday 9 December 2013 18.32 GMT

Tulisa Contostavlos who is to be charged with supplying drugs. Photograph: Yui Mok/PA
    The singer and former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos is to be charged with supplying class A drugs.

The Crown Prosecution service (CPS) authorised the Metropolitan police to charge the 25-year-old singer on Monday, who found fame with hip-hop group N-Dubz, following an investigation sparked by a newspaper sting.

"We have determined that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that a prosecution is in the public interest," said Baljit Ubhey, London chief crown prosecutor at the CPS.

He said that police would charge Constostavlos with "being concerned in the supply of class A drugs".

Police launched an investigation following a sting by the Sun on Sunday, which alleged that Contostavlos helped arrange an £800 cocaine deal for an undercover reporter.

The newspaper ran the story following an investigation by the former News of the World undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood.

Contostavlos was allegedly filmed offering to supply cocaine through a friend at the Nobu restaurant in London. Her friend then allegedly sold half an ounce of cocaine at London's Dorchester hotel.

She will appear before Westminster magistrates court on 19 December.

"This charge relates to an investigation by the Sun newspaper between early March 2013 and 23 May 2013 which resulted in the supply of Class A drugs to an investigative journalist," confirmed Ubhey. "This decision to prosecute was taken in accordance with the code for crown prosecutors."

In August the singer's manager, Jonathan Shalit, said the Sun's story followed a deliberate attempt to entrap her. Her solicitor said she would plead not guilty.

The Sun has maintained that its investigation into the star was "entirely justified and in the public interest".

Contostavlos was arrested and bailed in June along with 35-year-old musician Mike GLC, real name Michael Coombs.

He has also been charged with allegedly supplying class A drugs and is due to appear at Westminster magistrates court on 19 December. Coombs has previously denied the allegation.

"This defendant is now the subject of criminal proceedings and has the right to a fair trial," said Ubhey.

The singer was officially dropped as a judge on The X Factor days before her arrest, with Sharon Osbourne making a return to Simon Cowell's ITV talent show in her place.

She rose to fame with N-Dubz but has failed to replicate that success as a solo artist, her debut solo album made it to only 35 in the charts.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (10-12-13), The Bunk (10-12-13)

First Dappy gets booted in the face by a horse, now this. Annus Horribilis for N-Dubz members, stay safe Fazer. Stay safe.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reckoner For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (10-12-13), samlad (10-12-13), The Bunk (10-12-13)

I think it's sad it looks like she was set up and 800 worth of the stuff was probably for personal use, gutter press at it again.
    Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Bunk For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (10-12-13), nibb (10-12-13), Nikkita (10-12-13), warmcome (21-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
    I think it's sad it looks like she was set up and 800 worth of the stuff was probably for personal use, gutter press at it again.
    There is no denying that she was using that lad's cock for personal use

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

The Bunk (10-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    There is no denying that she was using that lad's cock for personal use
    Jesus pm me the link.
    Look man, I do what I can do to help y'all. But the game is out there, and it's either play or get played.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bunk For This Useful Post:

Jesse Custer (10-12-13)

Jesus pm me the link.
    Your not missing anything, it wasn't what you would call one of her talents.
    He that has inner light
    Doesn't need to be in the spotlight

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Custer For This Useful Post:

samlad (10-12-13), The Bunk (10-12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
    Your not missing anything, it wasn't what you would call one of her talents.
    Just saw it Jesus that's wild to have that on the net I feel sport for her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bunk For This Useful Post:

Jesse Custer (10-12-13)

I agree, £800 is only a bit of personal!
    He that has inner light

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
    I agree, £800 is only a bit of personal!
    It's still very illegal though

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    It's still very illegal though
    O yes agreed, I would never condone the use of any drug?
    He that has inner light

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast