Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMDb Top 250 Films - How many have you seen?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ocred View Post
    Yeah a few glaring omissions alright. Crash immediately springs to mind. And how the fuck does Once Upon A Time In America always sneak on to these lists??? Don't get me wrong I like my gangster flicks but jaysus that movie was 4 hours of my life I'll never get back
    Ouatia is a bit hard work alright. I'd say the list is dominated by marque directors eg Kubrick, Tarantino, Leone, and so thes films are 'suppose' to be good. Crash wasn't all that great looking back at it, although some of the ideas were good, like the right on people turning out to be the villains and the outwardly racists ending up as heroes.

I followed this list for years and it is interesting to see how a list compiled on the votes of plebs ranks against those of serious (po faced) critics.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (07-12-13), ocred (06-12-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    Ouatia is a bit hard work alright. I'd say the list is dominated by marque directors eg Kubrick, Tarantino, Leone, and so thes films are 'suppose' to be good. Crash wasn't all that great looking back at it, although some of the ideas were good, like the right on people turning out to be the villains and the outwardly racists ending up as heroes.

I followed this list for years and it is interesting to see how a list compiled on the votes of plebs ranks against those of serious (po faced) critics.
    138 by the way, although some more of them may have been on the telly and I wasn't paying attention.

Interesting to see 4 films from this year on the list, each of which I've seen: rush, prisoners, gravity and hunger games catching fire. I suggest hunger games will drop out of the list fairly quickly, not as good or interesting as the first film. The other three will be up for serious oscar contention.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (06-12-13)

Reviews

No place for Ben Hur on this list!!!!????Like seriously!!!!!

My mistake.I see its at no.180 but thought it would be much higher.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 06-12-13 at 20:08.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

There are four James Cameron directed pictures in this list, but no place for either Titanic or Avatar, two of the highest grossing films in movie history. Interesting.
    The Truth is out there.

7. Default

Only 52, thought it would be more.

Reviews

130 or thereabouts...can't remember if i seen some of the older ones...!
    Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it. ~Søren Kierkegaard

75 for me, not to bad

I see 206.

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post

IMDb has a list of their top 250 films, using the votes of IMDb users to decide the order. My question is - how many have you seen?

You can find the list here. Just read through, make a note of how many, and post your answer below

I have seen 45... which is really bad
    GISELE BOMBSHELL

AMAZING QUALITY/PRICE

Reviews

Not too bad a showing for me with 116. I'm surprised a bit, as I actually have more than 2 dozen of the films on the list on dvd. Guess I've got reasonable good taste in films.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Not too bad a showing for me with 116. I'm surprised a bit, as I actually have more than 2 dozen of the films on the list on dvd. Guess I've got reasonable good taste in films.
    108, time to get watching some more movies this christmas
    The beauty of the internet is that there is always a 'close' button.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast