Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman cast for the Batman/Superman movie

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by P51D View Post
    04 12 2013

Gal Gadot officially cast as Wonder Woman.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...an-vs-superman

Not sure yet about this. She'll probably have to buff up a wee bit but could surprise us all

Looking forward to this....it possibly paves the way for a JLA movie a la Avengers Assemble.

Nestor
    Wow, she'll have to buff up a lot. She's tall enough so 30 more pounds of lean mass won't look like too much. She's really going to need to look powerful and able to throw you through a pile of empty cardboard boxes. I don't really know much about her as I haven't seen much of the Fast and Furious franchise but she'll need to be authoritative and commanding.

Quote Originally Posted by lara View Post
    I LOVE Henry Cavill! I thought he did very well. My favourite Superman to date
    You just like him for his body :P

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    Must have been just me that thought 'man of steel' was crap.
    It was ok, not great. Michael Shannon was the best thing about it (sorry Lara) and the first half was fine. Then the story just fell apart and it became an all-action spectacular.

See was fab in Fast & Furious 6 I think she'll be great as WW! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by earlyriser View Post
    You just like him for his body :P

It was ok, not great. Michael Shannon was the best thing about it (sorry Lara) and the first half was fine. Then the story just fell apart and it became an all-action spectacular.
    Have you seen the training everyone went through for it? It's hard not to like him for that He was half-naked for most of it Best. DVD. Extra. Ever.

I like that it was so action-packed, because it shows Superman before he can control himself properly. We see him in an all-out-fight because this is the first time he has ever had to fight anyone properly as Superman. He can't control the damage he does, which leads to a lot of destruction. It's important we see this, as it will help with the Superman vs. Batman film when Batman is like "dude, did you see what he did to Metropolis? He's dangerous"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (09-12-13)

Reviews

I watched Man Of Steel for the first time last night. I was disappointed. I thought it was far too long. I have nothing against Henry Cavill. I think he was a good choice. He looks the part. There's a little similarity to Christopher Reeves which is good. Also good to see Russell Crowe and kevin Costner in it. I just thought it was far too long. Two hours and forty minutes was way too long. There was too much of Superman lunging towards his enemy and hitting buildings. Destroying everything they crashed against!

I don't think the actress playing Lois Lane was the best either. She could have been a bit better looking. They should have hired the casting people from Arrow as they can pick great looking girls!

No doubt teenagers will love all the cgi. Not a patch on the original. I watched the old ones a few weeks back. Despite 30 years since technology has advanced it still looks great. I preferred the action in the originals.

I think it's a lt' a bad idea to have batman and superman in the next film. Batman to me is more real. Leave them separate.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 09-12-13 at 10:49.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (09-12-13)

Reviews

I think also too they ruined it by having Lois know Clarkes secret identity.

8. Default

Have you seen the training everyone went through for it? It's hard not to like him for that He was half-naked for most of it Best. DVD. Extra. Ever.

I like that it was so action-packed, because it shows Superman before he can control himself properly. We see him in an all-out-fight because this is the first time he has ever had to fight anyone properly as Superman. He can't control the damage he does, which leads to a lot of destruction. It's important we see this, as it will help with the Superman vs. Batman film when Batman is like "dude, did you see what he did to Metropolis? He's dangerous"
    Yeah, I get that he is just becoming Superman, it's a road to the blue-clad, noble Son of Krypton, but it just felt like Snyder was trying to outdo Michael Bay in the second half, and one Michael Bay is more than enough. The most meaningful, powerful moment came after the CGI, the fight's end.

It does, though, lead nicely to the Dark Knight's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I watched Man Of Steel for the first time last night. I was disappointed. I thought it was far too long. I have nothing against Henry Cavill. I think he was a good choice. He looks the part. There's a little similarity to Christopher Reeves which is good. Also good to see Russell Crowe and kevin Costner in it. I just thought it was far too long. Two hours and forty minutes was way too long. There was too much of Superman lunging towards his enemy and hitting buildings. Destroying everything they crashed against!

I don't think the actress playing Lois Lane was the best either. She could have been a bit better looking. They should have hired the casting people from Arrow as they can pick great looking girls!

No doubt teenagers will love all the cgi. Not a patch on the original. I watched the old ones a few weeks back. Despite 30 years since technology has advanced it still looks great. I preferred the action in the originals.

I think it's a lt' a bad idea to have batman and superman in the next film. Batman to me is more real. Leave them separate.
    I think it was a good length for an origin tale. A few more superhero movies could have done with such a running time.

It's difficult to separate Batman and Superman as they exist in the same world. The fans will, what am I saying, the fans do want a Justice League movie so Batman and Superman will have to get together.

Oh and Amy Adams is gorgeous. Best Lois ever! :P The character could have had more development and been less of a distressed damsel but that's not her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    I think also too they ruined it by having Lois know Clarkes secret identity.
    Always had a problem with this. Lois is a reporter, supposedly a damn good one, nothing gets past her and she's sharp as a tack. It's much more plausible that she could figure out Superman's real identity rather than fall for Clark's abysmal attempts at disguise.

Always had a problem with this. Lois is a reporter, supposedly a damn good one, nothing gets past her and she's sharp as a tack. It's much more plausible that she could figure out Superman's real identity rather than fall for Clark's abysmal attempts at disguise.
    I'm glad she knows. I mean, really? Does he look that different with glasses and without the Superman curl in the hair?

I hope that, in future films, we see more of the lesser-known villains. You think of Superman and you think: General Zod and Lex Luthor. Same with Batman: Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn. What about the other villains? Doomsday (who has killed Superman before), Zsasz, Hush, Hugo Strange? Would be great to see some others in the new film

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

earlyriser (09-12-13), P51D (10-12-13)

11. Default

I'm glad she knows. I mean, really? Does he look that different with glasses and without the Superman curl in the hair?

I hope that, in future films, we see more of the lesser-known villains. You think of Superman and you think: General Zod and Lex Luthor. Same with Batman: Joker, Scarecrow, Bane, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn. What about the other villains? Doomsday (who has killed Superman before), Zsasz, Hush, Hugo Strange? Would be great to see some others in the new film
    It'd be nice to see glimpses of them. It depends on where they're gonna go with this leading up to a Justice League movie. I'd love to see Darkseid but I think that might have to cover a trilogy of Superman movies. I wouldn't mind seeing Lobo either

Reviews

It'd be nice to see glimpses of them. It depends on where they're gonna go with this leading up to a Justice League movie. I'd love to see Darkseid but I think that might have to cover a trilogy of Superman movies. I wouldn't mind seeing Lobo either
    Speaking of which.... http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56522794/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1

that's fucking right Khal Drogo himself.... but as who... Lobo or Doomsday? To me Doomsday Vs Superman needs to be an entire movie in itself, and also doesn't need an actor, it needs a big stuntguy in a green suit. So my hope would be for Lobo. Although its starting to get quite crowded....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jizrag For This Useful Post:

Lara Mills (10-12-13)

Reviews

This ones for you Lara.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Man_Of_Steel.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	90186

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast